Local R4 or other NDS Light retailers?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by s7efen, Jul 22, 2013.

1. s7efen
    OP

s7efen Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2013
    United States
    I couldn't find any real NDS light flashcarts on Amazon.com or other quick shipping online retailers. Any chance a Best Buy or other local store will have something like an R4? Or do I have to order from R4 or DStwo directly?

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Nintendo doesn't like flash carts, so Nintendo pressures stores into not selling them by basically saying "If you sell this type of stuff, we won't let you sell any Nintendo stuff". Obviously selling Nintendo stuff is hugely profitably while selling flash carts is meh at best, so you're not going to find any in physical stores (unless it's one of those mom'n'pop game stores that imports half their stuff anyways).

Amazon and ebay and such don't like them either, so online import shops are where pretty much everybody gets theirs.

http://shoptemp.net/

3. burtonclark

burtonclark Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2013
    United States
    Get a DSTwo if you want GBA/SNES emulators or an R4i Gold from r4ids.cn if all you want is DS games/homebrew.Personally i thought r4i gold 3ds is better for you , got my card from modchipfactory.com , free shipping and trustworthy, or you can directly go to official site where to buy found more official distribuotrs.

4. Eddy Lai

Eddy Lai Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2013
    United States
    if you want to play gba games, you can buy dstwo, dstwo is the best card to play gba games, if you only play ds games, you can buy r4i gold 3ds card, this card is very popular.

5. Xarsah16

Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

Oct 6, 2007
    Hyrule

Eddy Lai - I can see you're new here - please read other people's posts before you post. burtonclark said the same thing you did, 26 minutes before you.

I see Rydian linked ShopTemp - and while that's a great resource, I want to share that the three most recommended flash cart sellers on GBATemp are:

nds-card.com
    realhotstuff.hk
    zhuzhuchina.com (my personal favorite. Ordered 3 carts here, never an issue.)

The only local stores that may carry these are the shady used game stores that are not affiliated with Nintendo, and you'd be buying used, possibly overpaying, or getting some kind of R4 clone. The selection is usually poor. (I've seen one at my local a long time ago. They kept them hidden and only revealed them if people asked.)

I order all of my carts online, as I just mentioned. So do 98% of the rest of us here.

SCDSTwo is great - never a hardware revision since the cart was released.
    R4i gold 3DS - a good, cheaper solution, but make sure you buy a cart that's flashed to the latest 3DS firmware - 6.1 because if you don't, you will have to open the cart up and cut a signal line inside it.

Good luck!