Local multiplayer wifi games?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by blainy, Jan 15, 2012.

Jan 15, 2012

Local multiplayer wifi games? by blainy at 3:02 AM (425 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. blainy
    OP

Member blainy GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    ok, so me and my housemates all own a wii, and are looking for games that we can play multiplayer locally, but using each of our wii systems, not split screen or the online nintendo wifi crap..is there any games that do this??? or even a WiFi connection emulator of sorts, so we can avoid having to play things like mw3, goldeneye, mariokart online against each other since we are all in the same house??

2. iHavezMyBirdo

Member iHavezMyBirdo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    For LAN, you can try the LAN adapter, but I have no idea how that works since I've never used it before. Other than that, online multiplayer games have to use Nintendo Wi-Fi.
    What you guys can do is add each other as friends in the game you're going to play, then just do a friends-only match.

3. blainy
    OP

Member blainy GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    yeah, we are trying to avoijd nintendo wifi connection due to the fact that we are all in the same household and it just seems unnecessary to go online for this...it seems everywhere i look, i find that what im looking for is not possible at all, so that is kind of frustrating...we can all get our wiis onto the wireless router in teh house, so i guess we will just have to put up with lag in a game played in teh same house :(