Country
Pakistan

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way I can play local multiplayer minecraft on atmosphere latest with EmuEMMC on 8.0.1 with ingognito installed
Before saying no instantly please look at these posts, apparently there is a way?
https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchPirates/comments/ah7t6t/minecraft_lan_play_on_switch/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/any-way-to-edit-profile-and-fake-link-account.526255/
If you just need to link a Nintendo account there is a way but it requires you wipe all data from your switch, so be sure to backup all your saves, but before you do anything make sure it really supports lan play.

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Considering there's no official ways to do it and even homebrew stuff won't do either, running the risk of wiping all the data from the console isn't even worth it.

Reactions: Deleted User

Krazyeye

Hellooo Nurse!
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Minecraft does not support LAN
Not true; well depends of what he meant by playing "locally"...

Minecraft for Switch does have local co-op (split screen) multiplayer option available with single game cart. Also if you have linked your Switch user profile ID to Nintendo account, you will be able to connect locally among Switches (no wireless router needed) to play games like Minecraft, Dragon Quest Builder 2, and Stardew Valley.

I am currently playing Stardew Valley local co-op multiplayer (two copies of the game & two Switches) with my wife :)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not true; well depends of what he meant by playing "locally"...

Minecraft for Switch does have local co-op (split screen) multiplayer option available with single game cart. Also if you have linked your Switch user profile ID to Nintendo account, you will be able to connect locally among Switches (no wireless router needed) to play games like Minecraft, Dragon Quest Builder 2, and Stardew Valley.

I am currently playing Stardew Valley local co-op multiplayer (two copies of the game & two Switches) with my wife :)
Well LAN is not local multiplayer hence the need for idn_mitm

Krazyeye

Hellooo Nurse!
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Well LAN is not local multiplayer hence the need for idn_mitm
Not sure if you read his message & view the link he posted..
Minecraft does support offline local multiplayer with split-screen with a single game. To play offline local multiplayer separately (2-players); you'll need (2) Switches, (2) Games, and unfortunately you'll need your Nintendo account to be linked because you cannot bypass the "linking your Nintendo ID" message and you won't be able to play. Hoping for SXOS to have update about it soon...

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if you read his message & view the link he posted..
Minecraft does support offline local multiplayer with split-screen with a single game. To play offline local multiplayer separately (2-players); you'll need (2) Switches, (2) Games, and unfortunately you'll need your Nintendo account to be linked because you cannot bypass the "linking your Nintendo ID" message and you won't be able to play. Hoping for SXOS to have update about it soon...
Thread title and the reddit thread he linked are misleading. LAN is not the same as local wireless. This is why certain games will not work with Xlink Kai or Switch LAN play. This distinction is important so people understand which games can be played "online" with and without CFW. Pedantic maybe but I am not wrong in stating Minecraft does not support LAN. I never said it did not support local wireless.

Qubarf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Thread title and the reddit thread he linked are misleading. LAN is not the same as local wireless. This is why certain games will not work with Xlink Kai or Switch LAN play. This distinction is important so people understand which games can be played "online" with and without CFW. Pedantic maybe but I am not wrong in stating Minecraft does not support LAN. I never said it did not support local wireless.
He??? Anyway, what i meant was is there a way to play with others (on other platforms) on the same wifi without having to connect to external server to login, like you can on other platforms.
Anyway, I play minecraft on switchdroid which even feels faster than 'stock minecraft' and works perfectly with joycons!
Thankyou anyway!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.