ROM Hack loading rom hacks with extened memory games on old 3ds

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's impossible to do it on O3DS because of the way Extended Memory games work. The Memory occupied by everthing which is loaded on homemenu (so e.g. NTR, too) is unloaded at the Moment the game boots. This is the reason why the 3ds has to be restarted after game Exit.
The games wouldn't run on O3DS otherwise. O3DS has not enough RAM to do this.

Even if you would find an exploit in the game you want to cheat. You would have to load the Code first and even this would be a very hard Task to do without crashing the game.

So either get yourself a n3ds or modify the game itself and run it.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's impossible to do it on O3DS because of the way Extended Memory games work. The Memory occupied by everthing which is loaded on homemenu (so e.g. NTR, too) is unloaded at the Moment the game boots. This is the reason why the 3ds has to be restarted after game Exit.
The games wouldn't run on O3DS otherwise. O3DS has not enough RAM to do this.

Even if you would find an exploit in the game you want to cheat. You would have to load the Code first and even this would be a very hard Task to do without crashing the game.

So either get yourself a n3ds or modify the game itself and run it.
I wouldn't say impossible. Actually @hacksn5s4 had a point. You can run smash mods (Smash is a high mem game) with a luma code section and saltly sd. One could do the same for other games in they want to put the time into it.

Reactions: GothicIII

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, I wanted to EDIT my post, but you were faster. The Statement from me was a simplification. But impossible was the wrong word :P
It's very hard to do since you Need to find unused Memory inside the game and work from there. You would Need to do this for every game. I think SSB is a exception.

But of Course atm there aren't many games with Extended Memory Region.

Last edited by GothicIII,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things