Loading NDS roms causes freeze at loading screen for R4 Ultra

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Jage_B, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Jage_B
    OP

Jage_B Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2008
    United States
    Hey guys, this is kind of an odd one. I've got an R4 Ultra with SDHC support (Yes, I'm well aware it's a clone, please don't lecture me on this) and I had it working just fine. I could run NDS roms on it just fine for about a week but after playing one of my games I turned it off and booted it back up to play a different game and it just hung on the load screen. After that I tried several others and they still hung on the load screen.

The strange thing was that I can still run homebrew NDS programs, but not the actual NDS roms. What's also strange is that it seemed to happen with no cause for the problem whatsoever since I was playing a game on it just seconds before.

Anyway, has anyone else had this problem or know what the cause is? I realize it may be due to a faulty clone design but unless somebody has a specific explanation for how this could have happened please just keep it to possible solutions. Thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice