Hacking Loading .iso and not .wbfs with USB loader GX

tahsin tariq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
As the title says, I want to load a .iso file with USB loader GX. Is this possible? If so how?
Do I make a folder and put the .iso file there or can I put the ISO file in the root of the USB? Does the .iso file have to have a specific filenmae such as game ID or can the ISO file be any name?

TheNintendoEnthusiast

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am pretty sure you can load ISOs through Wiiflow, not to sure about USBLoaderGX though, I believe you need to have it in specific folders, if you use a nifty program called "Wii Backup Manager" you could have it set to transferring Wii Games from your Computer to your HD without converting(Or have it convert to .wbfs whatever you want) and it will organize it all for you!

Why do you need it to be a .iso anyway? WBFS files are smaller files because they remove all the dummy files adding unnecessary space to the game file. and you can also convert ISO>WBFS OR WBFS<ISO with Wii Backup Manager

tahsin tariq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
thank you cyan!
when creating game folder name do I have to include the brackets? [ ] ?

also, all the gamecube game id's confuse me. Is it possible to create a folder like the following?:
games/abc/gameid/game.iso?

contehhh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont think the game id as a folder name is very important, but most backup managers do it for you.

The loaders use the game id to download artwork and whatnot

however, you do not want to put that many sub directories
instead of:
games/abc/gameid/game.iso
it should be:
games/gameid/game.iso

Reactions: Margen67

tahsin tariq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I just tried play gc iso by changing the gameid folder. its works. Now my question is how do I enable cheats in gamcecube iso using dios mios. As far as I know you have to creat a gct file and put it in the same folder as game and name the gct file the game Id. But I changed the gameid folder so do i rename the gct file the new game id folder or keep it as the game id?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The cheat code's GameID is based on the internal game's ID (inside the ISO), not on your folder's name.

like I told you by PM, the best way is to use both name and ID :
/games/Zelda [GZLP01]/game.iso

For cheatcode, you need another file (kenobigc.bin) in your /sneek/ folder on the same partition than the game.
it's easy to find, just google it.
Actually, this file is included inside DIOS MIOS (Lite).

For your last question (by PM).
Backup games NEVER ask for an update.
If they do (call of duty?) it's not a console update, but a game patch.

tuck_kor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Finally!!! I got the USB loader GX working!! Thank you very much everyone for the help!! Eventhough some games still couldn't run, such as zelda twilight princess, skyward sword and just dance 2014 etc, but this is a great milestone for me to load other games. Nevertheless, still very excited to get those things run!!

Thanks gbatemp!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn...