Hacking Loading Homebrew Stuff = Black Screen?

Link2999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so just last week I noticed this, my Wii (4.2U) can't load certain software such as gator's backup launcher and the wad manager. The homebrew channel still loads as well as the bannerbomb exploit, wiibrew, and hackmii. Anyone know what could have went wrong or how to fix this?

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
I think you mean, stubbed cIOS.

Sounds like you need to reinstall the cIOS. Use 250 when doing this or you'll have to trucha sign IOS36 again.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
stubbed IOS!

a stubbed IOS(222,223,249,250,254) would be what Ninty install to a cIOS slot to prevent the installation of the cIOS, so if you done a update then the cIOS would get wiped and the stubbed IOS(Official Ninty IOS) would be in its place, so the only way to get your cIOS back is to use ATD to manually delete the stubs or use DOP IOS Mod to remove all stubbed IOS with a trucha'd IOS36

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My very old Wii does this some times. Its just a random black screen mess. Sometimes it will load, sometimes not. I think I will try the stubbed cios thing because I already removed all stubbed ios's and I know everything is trucha signed.

Link2999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone mind pointing me to a guide or posting a step by step process on how to actually fix this, I can't use the Wad Manager because it won't load and to tell you the truth, I wouldn't know which to replace with what.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: