Hacking Loading games from an external drive

Phreeq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend has a 360 with a broken drive in it, he was going to just throw it out since he got a new one, I've never had my own 360 and I've never really looked into the scene, but I currently use an External HDD with both my Wii and PS3 so I was wondering what the cheapest way (read: free?) to do this with a 360 is, if there is at all? I've got a 2TB hard drive so its more than enough room for all my games for all my systems.

Another question, if this is at all possible, how do I go about transferring my bought games to the hard drive if there's no working disc drive in it?

I know that you guys are usually very helpful with anything Nintendo so I figured I'd ask this question on this site.

Thanks in advance! :D

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're looking for a X360 Key, or some of the other Optical Disc Drive emulators. They're running pretty costly. (Last one I saw was $99.) It'll allow you to do everything you want. You can however do NON-JTAG, but I'd advise against it as there have been multiple reports of peoples accounts getting banned. If you don't care, my tutorial's in the Tutorial/FAQ's section. You could also replace the broken disc drive, assuming you can dump the keys or already have them. (Key's= Sign the disc drive, to the console.) Of course, if you were to get a X360 Key or it's counterparts you'll have to grab the keys anyway.

Phreeq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the non-JTAG? I'm not really interested in LIVE, so account banning isn't a big deal :P

Also, thanks for the quick reply!

Phreeq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anything I can do with a teensy 2.0? I bought one a while ago for my PS3 but then upgraded that to CFW.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can't do anything with a Teensy. Also, if you go the ODE route then you'll have to dump the keys of the DVD drive. And finally, the Xkey isn't in production AFAIK, so you'll wanna grab a Wasabi 360 http://wasabi360.com/

sputnix

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
if you use an external harddrive you can only use upto 16gb so it's not tons of space, you can jtag your console then it's possible to do a games on demand hack to make any game act like it's games on demand. To do a JTAG though you need some soldering skills or find someone who can. Their is no softmod so all hacks will involve opening the console and since flashing is out of the question due to the broken diskdrive all you can do is non-jtag till microsoft patches it again or starts banning consoles [I suspect it will happen soon if people keep up the non-jtag]

Thought I might add a JTAG let's you play/install unsigned code onto your console.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you use an external harddrive you can only use upto 16gb so it's not tons of space, you can jtag your console then it's possible to do a games on demand hack to make any game act like it's games on demand. To do a JTAG though you need some soldering skills or find someone who can. Their is no softmod so all hacks will involve opening the console and since flashing is out of the question due to the broken diskdrive all you can do is non-jtag till microsoft patches it again or starts banning consoles [I suspect it will happen soon if people keep up the non-jtag]

Thought I might add a JTAG let's you play/install unsigned code onto your console.

Before you get all excited, your Xbox 360 has to be at Dashboard kernel version 7371 or lower. Some 7371 and 7363 consoles may not work if they have the patched CB Console.) (Manufature date of 6-1-09 and later.)

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could also replace the broken disc drive, assuming you can dump the keys or already have them. (Key's= Sign the disc drive, to the console.)
Weird. My drive broke, and I replaced it with the exact model with relative ease. I think I had to move the chip over from the old one though.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You could also replace the broken disc drive, assuming you can dump the keys or already have them. (Key's= Sign the disc drive, to the console.)
Weird. My drive broke, and I replaced it with the exact model with relative ease. I think I had to move the chip over from the old one though.
That chip contained your keys, so that's why it worked :P anyway, if the OP feels up to it he could also perform the Reset Glitch Hack which can be done on any 360 and any kernel version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol