Hacking Loading from USB HD

garfy2008

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a new Black Wii 4.3U and through perusing many, many posts on the net, I was able to install the Homebrew Channel onto it. However, I'm confused by the many IOS, cIOS, Hackmii, Bootmii, etc. that needs to be installed to run games from a USB HD.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I installed USB Loader GX on the SD card and using HBC was able to load it. It sees the games on my USB HD, but when I click on the disc icon ("play") the screen clears for a few seconds like it's going to load but then returns to the Homebrew Channel main menu (where I have Loader GX, Bootmii, etc. listed).

What do I have to install besides the HBC in order to get the games to load? (By the way, when I click on Bootmii, the blue light around the disc slot blinks on and off and nothing happens.) Thanks in advance for any help to get my games to load. (All my games were placed on the USB HD using Wii Backup Manager which created a folder WBFS.)

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Use ModMii to get all the files you need. Hard to say what you need without knowing what you have already installed.

schwarztot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having the same issue with my wii when I first softmodded. There is a great tutorial here http://wehackwii.pbworks.com/w/page/8844446/USB%20Loader that will explain installing ios's. You'll have to dig a little to find the info you need, but make sure you read the entire tutorial.
I found my problem was that I needed to remove the stub ios's and install the correct ios's using cios installer and dx2 for wiiflow. The above link explains the process for cios install pretty well.

garfy2008

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello & thanks for your reply & the link. So, you are also running a Black Wii with factory equipped 4.3U? Just want to make sure because I'm reading all sorts of different things on different sites regarding 4.3U (of course, some are the "updated" 4.3U, not factory equipped). The only "problem" I see with the info on that link is that it's specifically indicating it's for 4.2U and says they're "working on 4.3" so I don't know if I should do what it says in it... Thanks!

garfy2008

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Lucif3r. After much searching and contemplating, I decided to take that leap of faith and ran Modmii, being careful about what I selected and such. It created the necessary files and patches, etc. and when I applied it, they apparently worked on this factory 4.3U Black Wii. It now is able to read from the USB hard drive and I don't have to load the DVDs anymore, just store them just in case. Everything runs from the HD now and it's great; really convenient! Again, many, many thanks to everyone who responded on this thread as I appreciate all your guidance and comments. The only thing I did with the Priiloader was to block disc updates and online updates. The other suggested stuff (replace health screen, auto-press A at health screen, remove no copy save file protection, etc.) I didn't do. What are all those things and what do they do if enabled? Thank you very, very much!

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
They do pretty much what they say. Auto-press A at healthscreen makes the Wii boot instantly into the system menu, rather than you having to press A at boot. Remove no copy safe file prot. makes it possible to copy protected save games to your SD card and back them up.
I cant recall what "replace health screen" do though, cant even remember if I have it turned on :P
Those features are not important though, its more of a preference. The important is the blocking of disc/online updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.