Loading from disc channel?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by meohsix, Nov 9, 2011.

Nov 9, 2011

Loading from disc channel? by meohsix at 7:03 PM (366 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. meohsix
    OP

Newcomer meohsix Advanced Member

United States
    i usually load games right off my usb hdd, but there is one game i wanted to burn and play off the disc. (and be able to launch from disc channel)

But when i try and launch it from the Disc Channel on the main menu i just get the disc can not be read (or whatever) error.

its not a bad burn because i can launch the disc from CFG Loader and it works fine.
    i rehacked my wii about a month or so ago using modmii but don't recall seeing anything about disc loading.
    im guessing there is something else i have to install right?

its a launch day wii running 4.2

Thanks for any help.

2. ground

Member ground GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    you need to install darkcorp to do that. But The most people doesn't recommend that. Becease it is a program that patches ALL ios's in your wii. whick can brick the wii or cause incompability with other programs

3. The_Dragons_Mast

Member The_Dragons_Mast GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    You can't run backups from disc channel directly unless you have Darkcorp installed which is a risky process . I don't really see the point of doing when you can launch them without anything from NeoGamma & Cfg Loader .

Also if memory serve if you use priiloader to switch the system ios to 249 you can also boot them through the channel but not sure .

4. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    You would still need a patched IOS for the game to run on though.