Hacking Loading burned Ps2 games on my backwards compatible with SM 3.6

echan42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got a backwards compatible Ps3, swapmagic 3.6 and a compatible pendrive, I can load ".elf" files of my flashdrive but I'm not sure what program to use to read burned .iso's, or how exactly to copy .elf files to my ps3 system to load them without using the swapmagic disc every time (is this possible?)

All I'm finding on various sites are Open Ps2 Loader tutorials, but this reads iso files on discs and is biult for non backwards compatible ps3's so the compatibility of games isn't that high.

Can anybody shed some light on this for me? thanks!

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a backwards compatible Ps3, swapmagic 3.6 and a compatible pendrive, I can load ".elf" files of my flashdrive but I'm not sure what program to use to read burned .iso's, or how exactly to copy .elf files to my ps3 system to load them without using the swapmagic disc every time (is this possible?)

All I'm finding on various sites are Open Ps2 Loader tutorials, but this reads iso files on discs and is biult for non backwards compatible ps3's so the compatibility of games isn't that high.

Can anybody shed some light on this for me? thanks!

That's wrong, it's for backwards compatible consoles only (CECHA - CECHE), but don't get your hopes up high since the best solution for this situation is to execute the games via USB, which emulated to version 1.1 by the PS3.

Another method is to install a switch to make the PS3 spit out the disc for a swap:

Or a CFW or Cobra ODE.

echan42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's wrong, it's for backwards compatible consoles only (CECHA - CECHE), but don't get your hopes up high since the best solution for this situation is to execute the games via USB, which emulated to version 1.1 by the PS3.

Another method is to install a switch to make the PS3 spit out the disc for a swap:

Or a CFW or Cobra ODE.

I'm running USBAdvance no problem, is there any nother method offering more advantages?
Or any way that doesn't require I load up the scratched copy of SwapMagic I found in a pawn shop?
I'm mostly interested in running burned copies because of the 1:1 compatibility

I've installed that switch for a client before, but I don't have a soldering iron any more since I moved and it got lost. I've read up a little on MC boot and similar solutions, what burned disc solution is there out there? I really thought Open ps2 loader didn't use the emotion engine

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To play burned copies you need a way to switch the discs w/o the PS3 noticing it.
I don't know if a Cobra CFW can do it or not tho.

echan42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Use Open PS2 loader. I haven't had any issues in my PS2, so you shouldn't have any on your PS3.

That's what I was trying but any version I use gives me a black screen after swap magic. I've tried more than one flashdrive and PSP, I'm not sure what the issue is here, but thanks!

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I worked with the devs to fix it, here is a pretty recent version that works:

Attachments

• opl_gsm_r683_PS3_comp_latest_PS2SDK.zip
    894.8 KB · Views: 200

echan42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I worked with the devs to fix it, here is a pretty recent version that works:

I wish this was working for me, but even I deleted the OPL save on my virtual memory card and I'm still getting a black screen when loading from Swap Magic, I got a glance at a milisecond of a Playstation2 logo, maybe it's got to do with my video settings but I'm using 1080p on a standard HDMI TV, wich would be strange because I've run other homebrew .efl files like USBExtreme and USBAdvance no probem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Shouldn't preservation be legal tho?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.
    +1
    Preservation yeah it absolutely should be legal
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Believe Japan was going to make it legal at some point, according to a Kotaku story.
    +1
    I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade machines are old and busted very few ever saw any sort of home conversion
    We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, There's a lot of obscure Japanese arcade titles that are either lost to time or dumped.
    +1
    It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol
    I mean if a company could use AI to do the work of a home conversion for essentially free why not? The rights for some games are completely lost though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, AI is taking our jobs!
    +1
    Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh