BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey everyone,

I made an application that can conveniently copy extracted Wii U games to the SD Card. Yes, I'm late and yes, something similar has been made already but I wasn't happy with it. @VashTS's application makes you select too many unnecessary paths and it crashes when the SD Card disconnects from the PC. The progress bar is not working properly either. You might think that the SD Card never disconnects by itself but it does for me so I created an application with fail-safe and intelligent file copying. With intelligent I mean that existing files are not copied unless they have been modified. No corrupted files can occur at all and when it finished, it really finished and everything is copied successfully. This is especially useful when copying multiple GB's of data :D

vnsaqgjo.png

Features:
- Reliable file copying/mirroring
- Sanity checks for supplied paths to prevent user errors
- Platform-independent
- Easy to use
- File paths are remembered after closing the application
- Progress bar

You can see it in action here.
The download is here.

This is a Java application so you need to have JRE installed in order to run it.

Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza,

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
very nice! always good to have more tools.

1 quick bug i noticed -

I copied 1 game (Wii Sports Club), all went smooth.
Without closing the app, select another title (Duck Tales Remastered), hit Transfer and it says Completed instantly. Nothing was written to the SD card.

you know i had to try to break it ;) also a progress bar would be nice, i know mine is kinda broken :P

also one other suggestion - i like the name my game folders in the release group format, thats why i have that feature in my app. how does your app decide to name the game folder? do you have a hard coded database or is it pulling it from somewhere else?

one more edit: actually closing and reopening the app still has the same behavior

my game folder root is C:\Users\Desktop\Downloads\WiiU\DuckTales.Remastered.USA.WiiU-FAKE\WUP-P-WDKE

and my sd card is d:\

Last edited by VashTS,
Reactions: BullyWiiPlaza

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
also one other suggestion - i like the name my game folders in the release group format, thats why i have that feature in my app. how does your app decide to name the game folder? do you have a hard coded database or is it pulling it from somewhere else?
Yeah, it's trying to be smart by pulling it from the meta.xml file. It's an attempt to stop typing file names too :P
Code:
<shortname_en type="string" length="256">New SUPER LUIGI U</shortname_en>

1 quick bug i noticed -

I copied 1 game (Wii Sports Club), all went smooth.
Without closing the app, select another title (Duck Tales Remastered), hit Transfer and it says Completed instantly. Nothing was written to the SD card.

you know i had to try to break it ;) also a progress bar would be nice, i know mine is kinda broken :P
Everything now implemented/fixed, check it out. It should be more to your liking now with variable game names and working progress bar ;)

Reactions: eco95 and VashTS

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
something else must've broke - Transfer is always grayed out for me.

just want to say thanks for giving me the oomph to get some stuff done ive been meaning to for a while now :)

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

I made an application that can conveniently copy extracted Wii U games to the SD Card. Yes, I'm late and yes, something similar has been made already but I wasn't happy with it. @VashTS's application makes you select too many unnecessary paths and it crashes when the SD Card disconnects from the PC. The progress bar is not working properly either. You might think that the SD Card never disconnects by itself but it does for me so I created an application with fail-safe and intelligent file copying. With intelligent I mean that existing files are not copied unless they have been modified. No corrupted files can occur at all and when it finished, it really finished and everything is copied successfully. :D

To sum up, here are the "special" features:
- Robust and intelligent file copying to prevent corruptions
- Full directory mirroring (files not existing in the source will be deleted from the SD Card)
- Sanity checks for supplied paths to prevent user errors
- Platform-independent
- Easy to use
- File paths are remembered

Anyway, you can see it in action here.
Download it here.

This is a Java application so need to have JRE installed.
There's a new naming convention for the game folders that includes the title id in square brackets, which will be used in the next loadiine release for the cover flow ui. See this post: https://gbatemp.net/threads/downloa...ly-no-5-4-no-5-5.398623/page-139#post-5900318

Last edited by yahoo,

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's a new naming convention for the game folders that includes the title id in square brackets, which will be used in the next loadiine release for the cover flow ui. See this post: https://gbatemp.net/threads/downloa...ly-no-5-4-no-5-5.398623/page-139#post-5900318
I really do not like it...

If you add something for this, please make it optional. I really do not like the naming convention they chose. I only put brackets in the beginning of titles, so I won't be using that "layout" for naming my game folders. I'll mod Loadiine if I have to :P

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
something else must've broke - Transfer is always grayed out for me.

just want to say thanks for giving me the oomph to get some stuff done ive been meaning to for a while now :)
It generally means something is wrong with your input. Check the following:
- Does the game path folder exist?
- Does the SD Card path exist?
- Is the SD Card path a root path?
- Does the game path contain a data and system folder?
- Is the game name non-empty?

If they are all true, the transfer button will be available.

rory2005

Trophies
XP
Country
worked for the 1st 3 games for me, now has stopped transferring any games I have tried since.
have deleted from the pc and downloaded again, still the same issue.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It generally means something is wrong with your input. Check the following:
- Does the game path folder exist?
- Does the SD Card path exist?
- Is the SD Card path a root path?
- Does the game path contain a data and system folder?
- Is the game name non-empty?

If they are all true, the transfer button will be available.

Oh crap after all my programming, i was using the data folder like an idiot! sorry!

Just in case you didn't plan or expect this - the XML for DuckTales: Remastered has it listed exactly like that - I'm sure you know " : " is not a valid path character :teach: I does not seem to want to transfer in this case.

I got lucky I used this as my first game I tried when coding last night!

rory2005

Trophies
XP
Country
got it working for new Mario and luigi games, but bayonetta just creates a bayonetta folder and no sub folders or files, and captain toad doesn't even make a folder at all.

hope this helps for bug fixing.

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just in case you didn't plan or expect this - the XML for DuckTales: Remastered has it listed exactly like that - I'm sure you know " : " is not a valid path character :teach: I does not seem to want to transfer in this case.
Good, I missed that. Now there is stronger filename checking & correction in place so let's see if you can still break it :P

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Project Zero - Maiden of Black Water, does not create a folder too.
got it working for new Mario and luigi games, but bayonetta just creates a bayonetta folder and no sub folders or files, and captain toad doesn't even make a folder at all.

hope this helps for bug fixing.
worked for the 1st 3 games for me, now has stopped transferring any games I have tried since.
have deleted from the pc and downloaded again, still the same issue.
I will verify those as soon as possible but I'm not sure why you're having these problems since everything transfers fine for me. Did an error message pop up?

rory2005

Trophies
XP
Country
no error message just looks to be working, but progress bar never moves, could be a windows 10 thing.
following games installed fine

Kirby and the rainbow paintbrush
new super luigi u
new super Mario u
rayman legends
super smash bros
legend of Zelda
yoshis wooly world

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no error message just looks to be working, but progress bar never moves, could be a windows 10 thing.
following games installed fine

Kirby and the rainbow paintbrush
new super luigi u
new super Mario u
rayman legends
super smash bros
legend of Zelda
yoshis wooly world
You realize that the progress bar could just be slow? There is something done before the progress starts which is deleting redundant destination files. Depending on the folder, this could take longer but you are only supposed to select empty or the same game folder. I by the way also use Windows 10.

rory2005

Trophies
XP
Country
rules that one out then, the ones I mentioned never created folders or files after 15 - 20 minutes, everything was done the same way.
only trying to help, my sd card is a sandisk extreme sdxc 64gb u3 class.

Thanks for your work btw.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't...