Hacking Loadiine/HBC Error "Could not load video". Should I upgrade to 5.5.2?

vernon_v

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any way to get around "Error Code 112-2903: could not load video" on Loadiine?

I got Homebrew Channel working last night through Loadiine but when I tried to launch Smash I got a prompt telling me to update but I declined. I tried running HBC today with the latest HBC and nnupatcher files in my SD card and now I'm getting the "could not load video" error through loadiine.

My WiiU still says I'm on 5.5.1 but I fear that clicking on Smash stealth updated it to 5.5.2. Should I just go ahead and update fully or is there any way around this?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't think updating would fix your problem, but maybe I'm wrong.
that game was released before 5.5.2 and doesn't need it to work correctly.

How did you update to 5.5.1 ? official method, or manual install of system files with a wup package?

If you have Haxchi or CBHC already installed, go ahead and update to 5.5.2, but like said I doubt the firmware version is the problem.
what could be the problem, is the network access being blocked, the DNS, your filters, etc.
But loadiine doesn't even have network access, so it's maybe why you get that error?
Why use loadiine when you can install the game to the console or USB? (and get online access)

You should verify this game, and its updates or DLC, are compatible with loadiine.

Last edited by Cyan,

vernon_v

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the reply Cyan.

I updated to 5.5.1 through the official method.

I don't have Haxchi or CBHC installed, I've been using Loadiine.ovh and running SDCaffiine + Kernel to load my Smash skin mods.
I'm trying to follow a guide to install Haxchi but I'm stuck on the step of opening up HBC since the "video won't load"

I'm doing everything through Loadiine because that's how I got the Smash skin mods to work many times before and all guides that I'm reading all point to the Homebrew Launcher at Loadiine.ovh.

I'm open to an alternative solution if there is one!

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply Cyan.

I updated to 5.5.1 through the official method.

I don't have Haxchi or CBHC installed, I've been using Loadiine.ovh and running SDCaffiine + Kernel to load my Smash skin mods.
I'm trying to follow a guide to install Haxchi but I'm stuck on the step of opening up HBC since the "video won't load"

I'm doing everything through Loadiine because that's how I got the Smash skin mods to work many times before and all guides that I'm reading all point to the Homebrew Launcher at Loadiine.ovh.

I'm open to an alternative solution if there is one!
What website are you using to launch HBL? You may be trying to launch the HBL built for 5.5.2. Try loadiine.ovh and make sure to select HBL 1.4 for 5.5.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Welp I'm off to best buy because I figured out how to shove another 14tb hard drive in this server 😂