VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,
Here is a little application I wrote that will copy your extracted WiiU games to SD card in proper loadiine fashion.

Usage is simple - fill in all the details and click Go. Nothing fancy (yet) but does its job as far as I can tell.

Here is the usage:

v1.51
*added loadiine v4 format

sd:\wiiu\games\[game name] [ID6]
sd:\wiiu\games\[game name] [ID6]\code
sd:\wiiu\games\[game name] [ID6]\content

sd:\wiiu\saves\[game name] [ID6]\c\
sd:\wiiu\saves\[game name] [ID6]\u\

SD Card Path - This is your SD card path, you can click the button and select it OR enter it manually.

Data Path - choose the "data" folder in your extracted back up. This folder should contain "code", "content" and "meta". These folders will be selected automatically, but if needed you can still change the path.

Game Name - Can be anything you want, I like scene names so for example - DuckTales.Remastered.USA.WiiU-FAKE (proper loadiine format is [game name] [ID6] now)

Click Go and it should begin the process. Some key notes:

*Creates needed folders
*Copies all files from content and code, including sub folders

I hope someone gets some use of this! Feel free to PM me on the 'Temp with any issues/questions.

To Do list:
*add progress bar - DONE
*clear boxes upon finish - DONE
*prob fix some bugs, I'm sure there are some - 4/??? squashed
*fix progress bar
*calculate free space and game size before copy starts - DONE

in action!

http://filetrip.net/dl?K8SG9Y0wqb

v1.1 uploaded - bug fix
v1.2 uploaded - added check to ensure proper copy was done, cleared text when done
v1.21 uploaded - added sanity checks, allows user to cancel before copying
v1.3 uploaded - added basic progress bar
v1.4 uploaded - now uses loadiine v4 file structure!
v1.5 uploaded - uses meta folder, new look and more automatic functions
v1.51 uploaded - added gameid and check for free space

This may be the last version, I really want to fix the progress bar but every time I start to research I get lost in code :( It's doing what I intended from the start though for me and that was my goal, if someone else gets benefit from this app then that's an awesome bonus!

Last edited by VashTS,

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I use a HDD as well? SD Cards are far too slow and far too expensive.

Only for SD due to loadiine only supporting SD, but technically the program will do it :)

On a progress note, I may turn this into a full on Wii U game manager. Got the gears turning but no code just yet. Will keep this thread updated!

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only for SD due to loadiine only supporting SD, but technically the program will do it :)

On a progress note, I may turn this into a full on Wii U game manager. Got the gears turning but no code just yet. Will keep this thread updated!
You and @Mr. Mysterio should do a collaboration project, this would actually fit right in with UWizard

Reactions: VashTS

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You and @Mr. Mysterio should do a collaboration project, this would actually fit right in with UWizard
Great idea! I'll try to do that after I add gecko. Unfortunately, it's taking me a lot longer than I thought because I need to catch up on the school I missed while I was sick, which really cuts down my free time.

karloz25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crap just found a major bug if the game has sub directories. If you have sub directories, it will double copy the files. Back to the drawing board.
v1.1 uploaded.

What does this mean? Is this release usable or should we stay away until its fixed?
Maybe add a short description of what was fixed in the 2 different versions, its unclear if this 1.1 release is the initial release or a "fixed" version.
Thanks for this great idea.

ringo1206

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice! Seems pretty cool. Escpecially for the people that stayed on 5.3.2 and then couldn't figure out Loadiine.

Nice work.

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does this mean? Is this release usable or should we stay away until its fixed?
Maybe add a short description of what was fixed in the 2 different versions, its unclear if this 1.1 release is the initial release or a "fixed" version.
Thanks for this great idea.

Sorry, I clarified in the OP. It was early in the morning when I posted that, my mistake!

1.1 is the download link in the OP and it should have that bug fixed.

Reactions: karloz25

karloz25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its using the normal Windows copy process, based on size and the speed of the SD card.
I'm working on a progress bar for my next feature :)
For now, it at least verifies the copy was done and clears the text.

Are you saying that 1.1 clears the text when its done copying? Or your next version?
Because Ive been transferring WiiSportsClubWiiU and its only around 700mb and its been 30min and the text is still on the input fields in your program...

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you saying that 1.1 clears the text when its done copying? Or your next version?
Because Ive been transferring WiiSportsClubWiiU and its only around 700mb and its been 30min and the text is still on the input fields in your program...

v1.2 does that. There is a readme in the zip file, it contains the changelog. also the 1st post will have some basic changelog info.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

minor bug, on the confirm step if i click X instead of OK the program will lock up and transfer some of the files anyway

thanks

Interesting...I'll see if i can reproduce it. I think its related to the way I'm displaying the message, I'll look into it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s