Hacking Load specific IOS in USBLoader?

_eyCaRambA_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
just wondering... is it possible to include an IOS selection in the settings of USBLoader which is loaded when you start a game?
Since a few games (e.g. Monster Hunter G) require a specific IOS (in case of MHG it would be IOS55).
Softchip can also do that so it might be possible...
thanks for responding and if anyone could code that into USBLoader GX...
wub.gif

kind regards
Vuze

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thinking about it it might be a better option to make another cIOS from IOS 55 with those patches and install to a standard location, say IOS248? then USB loaders could automatically pick that cIOS for games that need IOS 55.

Posts merged

_eyCaRambA_ said:
Hrm sorry for being noobish... but EHCI?
Well, I have installed cIOSCORP if that matters.

soryy EHCI == USB 2

lourens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah, but how do we make it? For me I want to play Fifa 08 (way better then 09) but need cIOS21 with USB support. Hmmm.....

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does this Monster Hunter require the IOS or does it require to be patched if you play it in Gamma?

If it requires the IOS, you need to create a cIOS from that IOS, and start the usb loader with it. No chance to change the IOS on the fly like SoftChip does, as soon as you do an IOS reload, usb storage is dead until restart.

If it requires IOS Version patching, then the game won't work as discussed 1000 times until a fix of some kind is released.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Does this Monster Hunter require the IOS or does it require to be patched if you play it in Gamma?

If it requires the IOS, you need to create a cIOS from that IOS, and start the usb loader with it. No chance to change the IOS on the fly like SoftChip does, as soon as you do an IOS reload, usb storage is dead until restart.

If it requires IOS Version patching, then the game won't work as discussed 1000 times until a fix of some kind is released.

This loader http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149922 lets you select between IOS 222 and 249, does that need a restart before it will use that setting?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cwstjdenobs said:
WiiPower said:

This loader http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149922 lets you select between IOS 222 and 249, does that need a restart before it will use that setting?

If they fixed the usb storage dead after IOS reload, that would be very nice, but i doubt it. I guess IOS249 => IOS222 works if you don't reread the wbfs partition data, as IOS222 only uses a dip command to change which game to load.

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
_eyCaRambA_ said:
Well, the new GeckoOS (1.9.1) can also boot it without any special settings... dunno if cIOS CORP is required to run anyway.

Ah okay... that's sad but we can't change it ^^ Thanks for clearing things up.

GeckoOS only load ORIGINAL games
smile.gif

Copy can be run with GeckoOS if you have cioscorp installed...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
_eyCaRambA_ said:
Ah ok, so installing cIOS CORP matters
wink.gif

Yes, but only for disc based stuff. If you have cioscorp or if you even deleted all cioscorp IOS(except the system menu IOS) doesn't change anything for the usb loaders.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi: