Load Brawl+ from NTFS?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Fishaman P, Jan 30, 2010.

Jan 30, 2010

Load Brawl+ from NTFS? by Fishaman P at 3:32 AM (1,806 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Fishaman P
    OP

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    OK, so people have got Brawl+ (somewhat) working from FAT32, which only helps people with USB flash drives. My question is: Is there currently any way to load Brawl+ from an NTFS partition on a USB? It could be a channel, an app, or anything that works. HELP! [​IMG]

2. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    ??????

their wouldnt be any difference loading from FAT or NTFS as the container file (.wbfs) is the same plus NTFS isnt as stable as FAT anyway

3. EnigmaXtreme

Member EnigmaXtreme GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Brawl+ ISO? I thought that wasnt possible, or am i just misinformed

4. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Either the Gecko OS usb loader mod that uses Hermes cIOS does it, or you need to use the snapshot method.

NeoGamma now plays Brawl+ directly, but only from wbfs partitions. And there's a Gecko OS mod that uses Hermes cIOS. That one might load it from FAT and/or NTFS, but i doubt it does NTFS.

5. Fishaman P
    OP

United States
    YOU ARE SADLY MISINFORMED. NTFS uses .iso files, while FAT uses .wbfs and I don't want to have Brawl on both NTFS and FAT just so I can play +. It would just be easier popping in the disc.

6. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Since when does NTFS use ISO files?!?!?

7. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Configurable usb loader should be able to play both .iso and .wbfs on BOTH FAT and NTFS.

8. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    i beg to differ, you are the one miss informed, obviously you dont keep up to date with the latest releases, oh and NTFS write support shall be added soon if you were wondering

so please when ppl give you advice dont try and shoot them dont with thing you DONT even know about

9. Fishaman P
    OP

United States
    Well last time I checked (which was about a month ago) Fat uses .wbfs ONLY and NTFS uses .iso ONLY, but it doesn't really matter 'cause I use Wiiscrubber to trim the iso [​IMG]

Anyway... There is no app as far as I know to load Brawl+ off NTFS, and the only 256+ method for Config USB is the Snapshot hack, which is completely unknown to me. Help?

10. Fishaman P
    OP

United States
    Nevermind, cfgUSBLoader has 256+ code lines support. Moderator, PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD! [​IMG]