Hacking Load Backup Games On Disc Channel

Kramzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Hello. I was just wondering if there is any possible way to play backup games on the disc channel without having to use the GeckoOS Channel for trucha signed games or wiigator backup launcher. I have the wiifree 2.45 modchip and Custom IOS36 rev 07.

thanks

BoredNL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a way to do it.. It works for 95% of games on my wii. I just don't know what process I did to get it working since I've done a lot of work on my wii and had been using neogamma to load games during all the modding.

I had first followed different guides that resulted in -1055 errors, thus not allowing me to install anything except the homebrew app. I was running system menu 4.1u, upgraded from nintendo. Finally, I found a mod pack that worked for 4.1. After following those instructions to a T, I installed CIOSCORP 3.4. After that, homebrew alerted me that there was a new update. I found I couldn't upgrade my homebrew due to no vulnerable IOS's, so I looked around the interweb for a solution and finally came across one after much looking. I used AnyRegion Changer to downgrade to 3.2 and then I used the safe upgrade program included in the softmod pack to get back to 4.1u. After this, one day I randomly decided to try loading a game from the disc menu. It worked and has worked with almost every NTSC game since, with the occasional "An error has occurred" error for certain games.

I know there is a way, since I did it myself. I am also looking for how to do this for a friend's wii.. but I'm not having much luck and I don't want to put their wii through everything I put mine through. If you find a solution or if anyone else knows, let me know.
smile.gif

toño88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use priiloader to for games to use ios249 and install wiigator's mios so you can play the games through the disc chanell

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cIOSCORP will let you do it without a mod chip... but I see you have one so what's your problem? It should just work if your chip is installed correctly
wtf.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1