Hardware LKV8000 - Anyone tried this (or something similar?)

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a PSP 2000 and am looking into getting TV out through it for games, movies, PSX etc. I know there are issues with full screen just through normal cables so have looked around for devices which enable full screen and upscaling etc.

The one that seems to be readily available is the LKV8000. Runs the PSP through to the TV via HDMI and upscales. Has anyone used one of these and if so, are they any good?

They are about £45 in the UK so dont really want to splash out without recommendation. Does it also introduce any noticeable lag as well?

If there is a better device also than what I'm looking at, then advise away!

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I was looking at the HD Box PRO for my PS2, but if you want a quick overview of the LKV8000 then i'd recommend that you give this a once over. It certainly seems like a fair option of the PSP.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sounds incredibly interesting... and from reading through the site that xist just linked, it seems like the best way to go would be to get a couple of boxes to cover the spread of input sources possible. While I currently have mostly modern systems, I also do have some stuff that would benefit from these... and I know my girlfriend has a couple of retro consoles that would benefit greatly from such devices on a modern TV.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all