Live a Live coming to PlayStation and Steam April 27, demo available today

FsdMdSbacAANwRd.jpg

Publisher Square Enix announced today that the remake of Live a Live, released on Nintendo Switch last year, will be coming to PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and PC (via Steam) on April 27. A demo is available now on PlayStation platforms and will be available later today on Steam, with the option to carry save data over from the demo to the full release.

Live a Live was originally released for the Super Famicom in 1994, but never saw an official release outside of Japan until the Switch remake, although a fan translation helped it gain popularity overseas. The Switch release received critical acclaim, including a 9.5 from our own review.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unfortunately it's going to be hella expensive and knowing Square, it's probably going to stay hella expensive. (Meanwhile physical copies of the Switch version will get cheaper and cheaper – until it goes out of print, at least.)

Not unthinkable that it might end up as a free giveaway on Epic someday, though.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no Xbox release? come on square...
but anyways i'll be enjoying this one on steam. Emulated the switch version but didn't get very far because i hated the framerate, so this will be a nice surprise

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Unfortunately it's going to be hella expensive and knowing Square, it's probably going to stay hella expensive. (Meanwhile physical copies of the Switch version will get cheaper and cheaper – until it goes out of print, at least.)

Not unthinkable that it might end up as a free giveaway on Epic someday, though.
I’m pretty sure that Live a Live didn’t even launch at “full price” on Switch, so I suspect it’ll be the same on PS and PC.

Reactions: Hayato213

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m pretty sure that Live a Live didn’t even launch at “full price” on Switch, so I suspect it’ll be the same on PS and PC.

Switch version was priced at $49.99 so for people buying it on Steam or PSN they would get it for $39.99 with the 20% off.

Last edited by Hayato213,

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already have it on switch AND played the OG through ""means"" so I likely won't buy it asap but it's always nice to see a Steam port!
which one is better? havent played the OG in a couple years but i do remember being recommeded it thanks to a whoisthisgit video

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
which one is better? havent played the OG in a couple years but i do remember being recommeded it thanks to a whoisthisgit video
Imo the switch/soon to be steam and PlayStation one. But it's all opinion at the end of the day, a great game is a great game ;)

Also holy shit whoisthisgit...that throws me back!

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It runs more-or-less perfectly on the steamdeck using yuzu. They really did an amazing job with this remake. Great news.

SDA

".bmob mota ruoy htiw flesruoy kcuf og yeH"
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh wow. We've got an English translation of the SNES version from a long time, so I'm not surprised to see this game re-released on modern platforms.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no Xbox release? come on square...
but anyways i'll be enjoying this one on steam. Emulated the switch version but didn't get very far because i hated the framerate, so this will be a nice surprise

Probably Octopath Traveler sold poorly on the xbox, so they aren't even bother with another xbox port.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over