Hacking Little Room for CIA Install?

ChOcOcOwCaKe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just had a question, don't know if anyone has an answer. I'm using Gateway on the New 3DS and its all good but I installed majoras mask as a CIA and when I tried to install another game, the CIA said there was not enough room. I didnt know if it installed to the 3DS or to the SD in the back, so I switched to a larger SD and it still says that I dont have the room.
Any way I can get more room?

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just had a question, don't know if anyone has an answer. I'm using Gateway on the New 3DS and its all good but I installed majoras mask as a CIA and when I tried to install another game, the CIA said there was not enough room. I didnt know if it installed to the 3DS or to the SD in the back, so I switched to a larger SD and it still says that I dont have the room.

Your SD card space must be more than twice the size of that .cia file. So if you have a 2GB .cia file, you may as well get an 4GB+ microSD card.

Kirbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What is the size of the larger sd card?

ChOcOcOwCaKe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So the CIA DOES Install to the system then?

So i did have majora deleted, but the card Im using is only an 8 gb because 64s arent supported. So if installing monster hunter it said I didnt have the room. Is it installing to the sdcard or to the system?

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
So the CIA DOES Install to the system then?

So i did have majora deleted, but the card Im using is only an 8 gb because 64s arent supported. So if installing monster hunter it said I didnt have the room. Is it installing to the sdcard or to the system?

It's going to the SD card, your system storage is only around 1 GB big.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
CIA files are unpacked to the SD card, and title/Nintendo you own the game data is placed in band(tiny amount of data)

you should get a bigger SD card

also, 64gb cards are supported, just need to be formatted fat32 with a utility that ignores that fat32 was made like 90 years ago when 32 GB was unthinkable.

Reactions: MrJason005

pinserz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CIA files are unpacked to the SD card, and title/Nintendo you own the game data is placed in band(tiny amount of data)

you should get a bigger SD card

also, 64gb cards are supported, just need to be formatted fat32 with a utility that ignores that fat32 was made like 90 years ago when 32 GB was unthinkable.

I'm sorry for my ignorance but how do you do this? I can't seem to figure it out.

Reactions: ChOcOcOwCaKe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple