Hacking Little Questions about .WAD

Pete666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I'm new to softmod and want know something about .wad

Is there any program to use , so I can see which .wad are installed on my wii?

Because I have a little banner brick and don't know which wad did that... and want to uninstall some .wad ( I know not to delete anything before knowing what it is..)

and I have read a little bit about anytitledeleterMOD.. is it the program I need?

Thank you

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you still have the wad (and access to the HBC), you can use wad manager to uninstall it
Else you'll need AnyTitle Deleter (which of course needs HBC as well).

There is no real program to see the installed wads, but both AnyTitleDeleter and Title Lister show the installed titles

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
AnyTitle Deleter MOD is the program you need, but as you already said, never delete something you don't know what it is, especially not IOSes, the System Menu, BC, boot2 or MIOS.
AnyTitle Deleter MOD lists all installed titles. If you don't know which one cause the banner brick, delete one at a time, starting with the most recently installed, until the System Menu works again.

Pete666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My system menu is working okay!

it's just because, after playing games like Wii Music (my kids played it a lot) and NHL2k10 I have the SYSTEM FILES CORRUPTED message.. and my wii is dead for about 5-6 minutes before I can restart it..
and those games are originals!

In the past (in 2007) I have installed 5-6 wad and just delete it through the wii and not with uninstall wad program I had ..

so, with anytitledeletermod I can access the wad and delete them? (I have wad manager but not the old wads
frown.gif
)

Thank you a lot!

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
That's not a banner brick - because a banner brick would be consistent, i.e. you would get the error every time the system menu starts.
Also, you don't have to wait 5-6 minutes to restart the Wii. Just press the POWER button for five seconds, this will force the Wii off.

EDIT: If you already deleted them through the System Menu, WADs can no longer cause banner bricks. You can go on and delete what's left of the WADs with AnyTitle Deleter MOD, but I don't think your problems are related to those WADs. Have these problems started in 2007 (after installing the WADs) or only recently? If the problems started recently, the WADs definitely don't have anything to do with these errors.

Pete666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pete666 said:
My system menu is working okay!

it's just because, after playing games like Wii Music (my kids played it a lot) and NHL2k10 I have the SYSTEM FILES CORRUPTED message.. and my wii is dead for about 5-6 minutes before I can restart it..
and those games are originals!

In the past (in 2007) I have installed 5-6 wad and just delete it through the wii and not with uninstall wad program I had ..

so, with anytitledeletermod I can access the wad and delete them? (I have wad manager but not the old wads
frown.gif
)

Thank you a lot!

the problem starts in 2007 but didn't do it a lot since.. but since I bought wii music its starts evertyime my kids played it and now recently with nhl2k10

so, I didn't have a bannerbrick? playing those games are safe?

I know I have to wait 5 sec to turn off the wii but even when I did this, I start the wii and get again the system files error message.. unplug it, restart, got it.. restart got it.. for about5 min.. after that my system menu is loading
is it safe to play nhl2k10?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1