Hacking Little problem occured... cant get browserhax to work anymore.

ikarius031

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright before explaining my situation, here's my N3DS stats:

SysNAND: 9.2 - RedNAND: 10.7 (Using Luma 3DS) - No OTP/ARM9L (Using menuhax to boot CFW)
NTR Preview 2 for video capture - Using custom theme using CHMMM

That being said, everything worked fine (except few boots crashes for Luma) until now. To resume what I did:

- Managed my files with FBI deleting the update folder I used to downgrade my console (all CIAs)
- Went to FBI to install GB VC CIA titles through network using SocketPunch 1.2.1 (VC are injected ones)
- Install crashed at batch install but titles were installed
- Pressed home menu, noticed that it said it resetted my Theme. Forgot about CHMM and clicked on Theme button (disabling my menuhax, no biggies)
- Opened the CIA "gifts" one icon was black (I didnt boot any of the VC games, just opened the packages)
- Accidentally clicked on Miiverse which softlocked the 3DS
- Reboot, noticed no more menuhax
- Tried to go to yls8.mtheall.com to get to homebrew browser (using QR code) to fix menuhax
- Broserhax starts to boot, see the boot text at the top of the screen then bottom screen turns red and crashes there.
- Tried it 4-5 times, no go.
- Tried resetting time, theme, and save data on SysNAND
- Tried browserhax 4-5 times again, nothing.

Now I wonder if in all those steps I did something wrong, what I should do to fix it or if I have to format my SD card and reinstall RedNAND and everything, or many I just havent been patient enough and browserhax needed a few more tries (which never happened to me before).

Thanks !

Last edited by ikarius031,

ikarius031

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The entry point works... That's not the problem. It boots the homebrew launcher, but it freezes right before getting in the menu. The colors on the bottom screen appears, then the boot text appears, and goes to a bottom screen red screen and freezes. My N3DS is already hacked, and my SysNAND 9.2 N3DS version is a straight browserhax (not a sliderhax)

ikarius031

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, the problem seems to come from booting in the homebrew launcher, because it does launch the file (the browser doesnt crash) so it doesnt come from browserhax itself, that I know that much... I guess I should try reinstalling homebrew launcher.

ikarius031

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, the problem seems to come from booting in the homebrew launcher, because it does launch the file (the browser doesnt crash) so it doesnt come from browserhax itself, that I know that much... I guess I should try reinstalling homebrew launcher.
Putting my microSD card in I noticed, EVERYTHING was gone but webkithax_tmp and Nintendo 3DS folder... thats weird... I never deleted everything... but that might explained what happened and why it freed so much memory, I must have messed and delete everything when I deleted update files. Anyway I'll restore them and see what happened.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Putting my microSD card in I noticed, EVERYTHING was gone but webkithax_tmp and Nintendo 3DS folder... thats weird... I never deleted everything... but that might explained what happened and why it freed so much memory, I must have messed and delete everything when I deleted update files. Anyway I'll restore them and see what happened.
Alright, looks like there was a problem in my file system, I fixed it, restored my files and ran diagnostics, everything is working great now.

Thanks. This thread can be closed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: DBZ 90% filler lol