ROM Hack RELEASE Little Nightmares II (Version 1.2) Mods - Improved Graphics / 60FPS

mattyxarope

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. General Information:
  • This mod is by ecl0674 (thank you!), and I added a 60fps + grain/chromatic aberration version.
  • There are FOUR mods presented:
    • 30fps mods (2 mods):
      • One with the film grain effect/chromatic aberration enabled
      • One with those effects disabled
    • 60fps mods (2 mods):
      • One with the film grain effect/chromatic aberration enabled
      • One with those effects disabled
    • Texture replacement mod (1 mod):
      • Replaces the textures from the Switch version with the superior PC textures
      • Link for this mod
  • Compatible with version 1.2 of the game
2. Mod Changelog:

• Slightly reduced the sharpness of the image
  • Game FOV reduced from 100 to 94 (The character became a little less "crumbly" in motion at low resolution)
  • The quality of vegetation was reduced to the original (Better performance / resolution in the forest)
  • The quality of the volumetric fog was improved even more
  • All screenshots updated
  • Added mod option without disabling film grain and chromatic aberration
  • Added mod option at 60FPS

• Added texture mod

3. Changes made by the Mods:

- Slightly sharpened image [Portable / Dock]

- Min. dynamic threshold Resolution - 50% [Portable / Dock]

- Max. dynamic threshold resolution increased from 66% to 100% [Portable / Dock]

- Game Viewport increased from 92% to 94% [Portable / Dock] (It turns out that we have a max. dynamic resolution 94% and min. 44%, Render resolution: 720p - portable, 1080p - dock)

- Decreased Depth Bias of dynamic shadows from light sources [Portable / Dock] (Now the shadow from the character from the light source will start from the boots, not from the knees)

- Increased the ratio of object pixels to shadow texels [Portable / Dock] (This makes the shadows clearer)

- Increased resolution of dynamic shadows [Portable / Dock]

- Improved the quality of volumetric fog [Portable / Dock]

- Enabled depth of field [Portable / Dock]

- Disabled chromatic aberration [Portable / Dock]

- Disabled image grain [Portable / Dock]

- Filtering textures changed from linear to anisotropic 4x [Portable / Dock]

- Frame limit increased from 30 to 60 [Portable / Dock]

- Slightly sharpened image [Portable / Dock]

- Min. dynamic threshold Resolution - 50% [Portable / Dock]

- Max. dynamic threshold resolution increased from 66% to 100% [Portable / Dock]

- Game Viewport reduced from 92% to 84% [Portable / Dock] (It turns out that we have a max. dynamic resolution 84% and min. 34% There is not enough power for a higher resolution, so it makes no sense to set it higher. This is a plus, TAA anti-aliasing will "crumble" less Render resolution: 720p - portable, 1080p - dock)

- Reduced Depth Bias of dynamic shadows from light sources [Portable / Dock] (Now the shadow from the character under the light source will start from the boots, and not from the knees)

- Slightly increased the ratio of object pixels to shadow texels [Portable / Dock] (This makes the shadows clearer)

- Slightly reduced the draw distance of dynamic shadows [Portable / Dock]

- Slightly reduced bloom quality [Portable / Dock]

- Disabled chromatic aberration [Portable / Dock]

- Disabled graininess [Portable / Dock]

- Changed texture filtering from linear to anisotropic 4x [Portable / Dock]

• Replaced all (or almost all) textures of objects, decals, particles, effects and characters
  • Improved quality of baked shadows
  • Textures are taken from the PC version of the game

4. Recommended Overclock Settings:

• Portable Mode - overclock to at least 460 GPU / 1600 RAM , the higher the overclocking, the higher the resolution.
  • Docked Mode - +/- 614 GPU / 1600 RAM is sufficient for maximum resolution...was not tested in the docking station (overclock to maximum?)

• Portable Mode - overclock to at least 1581 CPU / 614 GPU /1600 RAM
  • Docked Mode - I did not test it in the docking station (overclock to maximum?)

• None needed per se, but the resolution will be lowered greatly if you use textures and no overclock. So it's best to use the overclocking settings of the 30/60fps mods (depending on if you dock or not) if you use this, even if you don't use those other mods.

5. Installation:
  • Unpack the 010097100EDD6000 folder from the archive and put it along the atmosphere / contents (or sxos/titles)

6. Screenshots

Attachments

• Little_Nightmares_II_v1.2_Switch_60FPS_Mod_10.02.2021.zip
    14.7 KB · Views: 592
  • Little_Nightmares_II_v1.2_Switch_Graphics_Mod_Grain_10.02.2021.zip
    14.7 KB · Views: 395
  • Little_Nightmares_II_v1.2_Switch_Graphics_Mod_10.02.2021.zip
    14.7 KB · Views: 494
  • Little_Nightmares_II_v1.2_Switch_60FPS_Mod_Grain_10.02.2021.zip
    15.8 KB · Views: 409
Last edited by mattyxarope,

jnl1

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so the 30fps mod is clearly intended to get a visual upgrade whereas the 60 fps mod slightly improves the visuals but mainly aims to reach 60 fps, am I correct?

Reactions: mattyxarope

ecl0674

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Last edited by ecl0674,

one-piece

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not by me, thank ecl0674. I just posted here because the other site is hard to register on for most users.

What is this site? It is difficult to register only because of the language?

I know he is russian, but I want to see all of his patches, and also I want to know is there are patches not here.

NVM found it and I already in. :)

Last edited by one-piece,

IEbroI

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is this site? It is difficult to register only because of the language?

I know he is russian, but I want to see all of his patches, and also I want to know is there are patches not here.

NVM found it and I already in. :)
What is the name of the site?

ecl0674

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Yesterday i added a textures mod, here it is - https://drive.google.com/file/d/15cOcPqR9m1sLVvIM9mhb0MSwoAztpBF9/view?usp=sharing
Replaced all (or most of all) textures of objects, decals, particles, effects and characters. Also replaced a baked shadows. Textures taken from PC verison of the game.
These are before and after screenshots with 30fps config and overclock, just to see the difference in textures only.

Last edited by ecl0674,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yesterday i added a textures mod, here it is - https://drive.google.com/file/d/15cOcPqR9m1sLVvIM9mhb0MSwoAztpBF9/view?usp=sharing
Replaced all (or most of all) textures of objects, decals, particles, effects and characters. Also replaced a baked shadows. Textures taken from PC verison of the game.
These are before and after screenshots with 30fps config and overclock, just to see the difference in textures only.
I'm curious. Have you swizzled all those textures or just copy-pasted it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I call the one with big tiddies