esoterica

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Is this game any good? Gamespot gave it some decent reviews. I've been wanting to play a RPG/strategy type of game, but when I initially looked at the graphics of this game, I assumed it was for little children. But I'm seeing maybe it is not made for children. Anyone tried it/like it?

LeonardoGolden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No no no this is a great game, strategy is pretty good and it's kind of like pikmin.

It also has some RPG elements, such as different kinds of followers and the actions they do. Don't let the art direction fool you, this is a true gem. Very fun.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its is one of the best Wii games there is, I really hope it gets ported one day to other consoles as it is one of those games that everyone should get to play.

For children? No not at all, its very deep and may put some people off. Some of the boss battles will be way too hard for children. It starts off simple but in the end only the most so called "core" gamers will finish it.

The RPG elements are light, think of it more as a Pikmin meets a Town building game but with a lot more adventuring.

It had a lot of good reviews, hell I haven't even seen one bad review, the worst review says its ok. Even Edge rated it highly and they're'not one of those publications that rate games hight that often, especially ones on the Wii.

Not everyone will get it but you can say that about all games really.

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's not for children as its pretty hard. I read the reviews and got the game, I didnt think it was good as I hoped or expected and what I heard about it, but its still a decent game.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
esoterica said:
Is it kind of like My Life as a King Wii Ware game? I found that pretty enjoyable... although boring and repetative after a while.
Not not at all.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's more like Pikmin, where you go on the field with your minions, and each of them have different abilities.
You choose which one you want to send to battle, do action etc.

More real-time strategic, with fun boss battles, and good music (I liked these remixed classical track. Any OST available to buy?)

esoterica

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, I will give this game a try. Seems like this game is a bit under the radar. I would have never heard about this game if I didn't look up RPG games under Wii online. And the graphics are very off putting... I could have passed up a good game just by assuming its made for kids.

MrKill

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Satangel said:
Excellent game, really deep and enjoyable.
And quite lengthy. Only bad point is the music/voices, which is really boring IMHO.

NO! The game has the best soundtrack i heard in a game this year.

Start it somewhere like 1:44, its freaking good.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is an average game with core gameplay problems masquerading as a fantastic title. I owned it and sold it.

The entire mechanic as the king is making up a force of players, romping around the map and clearing obstacles and taking down enemies. The problem is that where I call it core broken, is you can not by any means manage your party. You can either call in, line em up, or dismiss and they scatter fast in every direction. This sucks when you're in a spot where you need to get to something to cut a log down, but then have guys attack as your cutters can't attack and your attackers can't cut. If you mix a party 1/2 of them likely will with the fight end up dead. The only way around it is ugly tedious walking way too many times up the same path to clear, return, kill, return, clear, return...wash rinse repeat. Had they allowed you to say 'hey you jerks stand over here' and 'you guys kill that bastard' then it would have been fantastic.

I'd avoid it unless you have a high tolerance for a situation like I wrote up.

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd call it an all-or-none type game. You're either going to really dig it or be really "..ok?" with it. It's not the type of game where you sit on the fence.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr