Hacking Little King's Story

maxpouliot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've tried everything here. Brickclock, regionfree, gecko os. Nothing works... Anybody had succes on a NTSC console?

Comedor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Bladexdsl said:
it only works on pal no one has figured out how to get it to work on ntsc.
Hum...... no?

I got it working on my NTSC-U, burn with no patches and boot via Gecko OS (the latest one).

revol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried the newest Gecko, and my TV says the mode is not supported. I should be able to do free region, though, I've got Wiikey. And I've tried to force all the different options of NTSC, PAL60 and PAL50.

taliosfalcon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
Thiago Kotaki May said:
Bladexdsl said:
Hum...... no?

I got it working on my NTSC-U, burn with no patches and boot via Gecko OS (the latest one).

you have a special tv though he doesn't
I wouldn't exactly call an hdtv special, and any hdtv made in the last few years should be able to do 576i no problem.

While i've heard multiple reports of people getting it working with geck no matter how I patch it it does not work on my chipped(wiikey2) wii though =(

tolax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works fine on my Pio Plasma 5060. I'm running it via USB loader 1.5 of a softmodded NSTC Wii

As numerous people have pointed out. The game runs at 576i. Your TV needs to be able to support that. It has nothing to do with the Wii.

Tolax

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
taliosfalcon said:
Bladexdsl said:
Thiago Kotaki May said:
Bladexdsl said:
Hum...... no?

you have a special tv though he doesn't
I wouldn't exactly call an hdtv special, and any hdtv made in the last few years should be able to do 576i no problem.

While i've heard multiple reports of people getting it working with geck no matter how I patch it it does not work on my chipped(wiikey2) wii though =(

the tv has to be able to display 576i PAL not all ntsc will do this. now pal on the other hand they can run any mode pal or ntsc all pal plasmas can these days.

taliosfalcon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tolax said:
Works fine on my Pio Plasma 5060. I'm running it via USB loader 1.5 of a softmodded NSTC Wii

As numerous people have pointed out. The game runs at 576i. Your TV needs to be able to support that. It has nothing to do with the Wii.

Tolax
i'm not sure if you were aiming this at me or not, but the game freezes chipped wiis, while you do need a tv that can do 576i to play it your wii also needs to be softmodded, hard won't do it.

blade- as to the 576i thing, it depends on your tv true, but virtually all plasma and LCD hdtvs should be able to do it no problem, it's dlp and crt hdtvs that would have a problem with it.

howyeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I can't belive it, no solution yet for this amazing game, all the people here with hdtv's that doesn't scale to 576i are screwed...
Where is the love for this game... I spent all my weekend trying to make this game run, I even used a proyector that has PAL as defalut input, 3 hdtv from friends houses, bought component cables, burn around 15 dvd's with different patches and layouts, hacked my wii to the roof, installed allmost every loader existent, even the usb loader and went to buy an 8GB pen drive,the differences I've got is black screen, green screen, bumpy color screen, bumpy black and white screen, gray screen, etc.... I wish I were a hacker like waninoko or some other wii experienced guy but I'm not... I give up guys... I've been waiting for this game for more than 1 year and now I have to wait 2 more months cause hackers don't mind about this one.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
to tell you the truth its not that good a game anyway. its gets boring doing the same thing after a while which is going to other kingdoms and beating up the boss's. and the gourmet king boss is a c***!!

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried a few things myself.
frown.gif
Has anyone tried patching the video mode of the ISO directly? I could have sworn it was done with other ISO's, but again, I might be dreaming.
rolleyes.gif

howyeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
jservs7 said:
I tried a few things myself.
frown.gif
Has anyone tried patching the video mode of the ISO directly? I could have sworn it was done with other ISO's, but again, I might be dreaming.
rolleyes.gif
Yes I did, I used Wii video changer and trucha to extract the main.dol and replace it with the patched one, but this technique only gave me color bumpy screen and not black and white bumpy screen, I tried with all the options: NTSC i NTSC p, diferent resolutions and more, around 10 dvd's wasted that day.
I think that the only possible solution if your tv doesn't scale to 576i is to buy a PAL to NTSC video converter, but they're very expensive... A good one that supports LCD or Plasma tv's it's almost 200 bucks.
I'm still waiting for that kind wii hacker to come and post, HEY HERE'S A PATCH FOR THE GAME TO WORK IN ALL TV'S ENJOY!
frown.gif

sieghawk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anybody got it working on NTSC-J? Ive tried several ways but none works:

WBB - Recognises disc but freezes on load (black screen)
Wiifrii - requires update which will brick my wii
Wiifrii + WBB - error recognizing disc, freezes whole wii
WGLP + WBB - error recognizing disc, freezes whole wii
WGLP + WBB + WGP - error recognizing disc, freezes whole wii

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
howyeman said:
I'm still waiting for that kind wii hacker to come and post, HEY HERE'S A PATCH FOR THE GAME TO WORK IN ALL TV'S ENJOY!
frown.gif

Never going to happen. As mentioned in the other thread, the NTSC display code is not in the game. Somebody would have to find way to port the NTSC code from another game and then magically get it to work in this game or write something that converted everything video wise, which would be very intensive... and considering the NTSC Version comes out in 2 months, why spend all the time, even if it was possible?

lordcyber12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used wii-VMC 2.2 with option SMART-patch in the main.dol.
The game runs with colors, but the screen shake to much and I think the game is slower too.
Maybe I was in the right path?
I don´t want burn more unnecessary DVDs.
I´ll wait for the US release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...