little help with updateing my hbc

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by riddle43, Jun 1, 2009.

Jun 1, 2009
  1. riddle43
    OP

Member riddle43 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    ok so ive been out of the loop for a sec and my hbc is asking me to update and when i do it stops my wiimote from working at the press 1 screen i just cant seem to get it to re sink eather im runing 4.0 u preloader 29 and am useing an older system pre 98 so im a little lost any help would be awesome so if you can help please do and thanks. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I think that's some sort of bug in the hackmii installer that has something to do with how your wiimote was synced or something. If doing a fresh sync doesn't work, I think they said you could also use a gamecube controller. Also be sure to install bootmii to boot2 if you can through that update, and then make a nand backup of your wii.

3. riddle43
    OP

Member riddle43 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    thanks i got it with a gc controler but do i install bootmii as a ios or as boot 2 ??

4. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You can do both if it lets you, but boot2 is the really important one. Once you install that it will load up the bootmii menu before your system menu on startup. You can only navigate it with a gc controller or the power and reset buttons on the system (power goes right reset selects). Installing to boot2 has it boot up on start, which is most useful and if you also install as an IOS you can go back to the bootmii menu from the hbc by pressing home and clicking launch bootmii. If you don't want it to boot to the menu every time after you use it to backup your nand you can just rename the bootmii folder on your sd card to something else and it won't load it anymore until you change it back, or you can go to the config.ini file in textpad or something and set autoboot=sysmenu (or hbc if you want it to boot directly to that) and then bootdelay=0 to have it directly boot (or however many seconds you want it to boot after.)