little help on a new wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by baggieman, Dec 13, 2010.

1. baggieman
    OP

baggieman Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2009
    hi all,im thinking of getting a new wii console in the next few days,pref the black one,its in a bundle at the moment with the balance board etc,
    my question is will this be ok to softmod,as i dont really want to pull it apart(if you can) what firmware will it probaly come with? also will the balace board etc be ok if i do softmod it
    any help would be most appreciated,thanks in advance

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    It'll be 4.3, you will need one of three legit games to mod it, and it won't play burnt discs at all (you'll want to use a usb harddrive).

3. skinneyb

skinneyb Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2009
    uk
    the balance board will be fine yes you can softmod black wiis but will only be able to run games using a usb loader as far as firmware you will have to wait till you buy one as it will depend on the mfd any help just send me a private message

4. baggieman
    OP

Newcomer
    May 22, 2009
    cheers rydian,a freind has quiet a few on disc would i be able to put them on a external somehow?iso?

cheers skinneyb,ill send u a messege in a few days more than likely duh nowing me,i should have it about thursday/friday,cheers

5. skinneyb

skinneyb Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2009
    uk
    no problem

6. PPSainity

PPSainity Blinded by Science

Jun 6, 2009
    Canada
    Woudn't that be pirating........ [​IMG]

Short answer, yes.

Long answer, yes, and there are many ways to do this as well. Personally I find that dumping game discs using the Wii to be the easiest. You can use the USB Loader itself or a separate utility like CleanRip.

The important thing is that you have some time before you get your Wii, and that time should be spent reading. Some excellent resources are: these forums and its search function, The Complete SoftMod Guide, WiiBrew and XFlax's ModMii.

Welcome to the hobby.

-[]D

7. baggieman
    OP

Newcomer
    May 22, 2009
    cheers PPSainity,lol me a pirate [​IMG] cheers anyways mate ill be checking them links out a lot within the nxt few hours/days [​IMG]