little help on a new wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by baggieman, Dec 13, 2010.

Dec 13, 2010

little help on a new wii by baggieman at 6:55 PM (624 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. baggieman
    OP

Newcomer baggieman Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    hi all,im thinking of getting a new wii console in the next few days,pref the black one,its in a bundle at the moment with the balance board etc,
    my question is will this be ok to softmod,as i dont really want to pull it apart(if you can) what firmware will it probaly come with? also will the balace board etc be ok if i do softmod it
    any help would be most appreciated,thanks in advance

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    It'll be 4.3, you will need one of three legit games to mod it, and it won't play burnt discs at all (you'll want to use a usb harddrive).

3. skinneyb

Newcomer skinneyb Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    the balance board will be fine yes you can softmod black wiis but will only be able to run games using a usb loader as far as firmware you will have to wait till you buy one as it will depend on the mfd any help just send me a private message

4. baggieman
    OP

United Kingdom
    cheers rydian,a freind has quiet a few on disc would i be able to put them on a external somehow?iso?

cheers skinneyb,ill send u a messege in a few days more than likely duh nowing me,i should have it about thursday/friday,cheers

5. skinneyb

Newcomer skinneyb Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    no problem

6. PPSainity

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    Woudn't that be pirating........ [​IMG]

Short answer, yes.

Long answer, yes, and there are many ways to do this as well. Personally I find that dumping game discs using the Wii to be the easiest. You can use the USB Loader itself or a separate utility like CleanRip.

The important thing is that you have some time before you get your Wii, and that time should be spent reading. Some excellent resources are: these forums and its search function, The Complete SoftMod Guide, WiiBrew and XFlax's ModMii.

Welcome to the hobby.

-[]D

7. baggieman
    OP

United Kingdom
    cheers PPSainity,lol me a pirate [​IMG] cheers anyways mate ill be checking them links out a lot within the nxt few hours/days [​IMG]