Hacking little guidance with NDS R4 card needed.

Podhalan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hallo all, and in begining let me thank you for all help.
I mod an a couple of FTA satelittes forums so I understend the frustation all users and staff teem goes through with all the repeted questions to wich answers can be found in the forum.

I have read some of the post on FAQ with the NDS.. unfortunatelly being new to the terminology...... I am still blind here.

The issue I have is this..

Got the R4 DS card, the SD card, the USB stick.
........Formated the newly received micro SD card to FAT 32.
........Downloaded the R4DS Eng. System v1.18 firmware and extracted it to a folder on my desktop.
........Copied all files from the folder and pasted it to the micro SD card.
folders copied:
1. _system_ (folder)
2. moonshl (folder)
3. _DS_MENU.DAT
4. _DS_MENU.SYS
5. _DS_MSHL.NDS

in same window... I have created a folder GAMES.
To that folder I have loaded a [2606]2333___Kung_Fu_Panda.SAV file.

So.... might be a dumb of me to ask... but when I insert the card to the NDSlite.. I get the startup screen and R4 revolution for DS menu.... but it shows 0 games.
is the .save file not a game..?? seems small for a game (512 kb).
I for sure need something else.... just cant figure out what that might be.

Any help will be appreciated... Thanks
And if there are How To's and I missed them... accept my Sory for wasting your time.

POD

Podhalan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dannypatt123 said:
You need a .nds file for the games. .SAV files are for loading game saves of the same files. Let me know if I have helped at all

Sure U did... now I know that I need the .nds not the .save files... Big Thanks !!

Now I will need to find the .nds files.. LMAO. You do not need to spoon feed me.... just let me know if they are on this forum..

beefymeatloaf420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Podhalan said:
dannypatt123 said:
You need a .nds file for the games. .SAV files are for loading game saves of the same files. Let me know if I have helped at all

Sure U did... now I know that I need the .nds not the .save files... Big Thanks !!

Now I will need to find the .nds files.. LMAO. You do not need to spoon feed me.... just let me know if they are on this forum..

There are no .nds files for commercial games on this forum, it it against the rules. Also no linking to sites that host them. However, if you want to use some homebrew go to the Downloads section.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.