PS1/2 Little brother's terminal noobitis saves the day

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Been trying to figure out how to get through a locked door on Demon's Souls for quite some time now. Well, my little brother is playing, and he totally sucks monkey tits. Somehow his utter lack of skill and intellect of any kind has led the World Tendancy to turn Pure White, thus opening the door and netting him a load of equipment I cannot access because unlike him, I don't suck. I can actually block with the shield in my hand as opposed to becoming entranced by the pretty patterns while the enemy rams a halberd up my anus. I'm not trying to figure out exactly what triggered this. Any help would be appreciated as I'm determined to get rid of those fucking dragons one way or the other.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
This explains world tendencies in depth and how to manipulate them http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/world-tendency

Fyi you have to play better by not dieing in body form, defeating Demons, black phantoms and so on to gain pure white tendency. So if your bro has it and you don't it must mean he is a better player than you.

ohnoes.png
ohnoes.png
ohnoes.png
ohnoes.png

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Highly unlikely, since the tutorial he's spent about 5 seconds in body form, he went to the Valley Of Defilement and fell in the river within seconds of starting the level. 'Cause he's a fucktard. I on the other hand have been pwning Black Phantoms for most of the evening and can revert to body form whenever I like, I just don't bother as a general rule, I do fine in soul form with my Cling Ring equipped.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
Oh how delicious the irony is....
biggrin.gif

Delicious, indeed! Is that a hint of marmalade, I taste?

Seriously, though. Don't sweat it. My sis is better than me at Mario Kart. And she's seven...

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
geoflcl said:
xist said:
Oh how delicious the irony is....
biggrin.gif

Delicious, indeed! Is that a hint of marmalade, I taste?

Seriously, though. Don't sweat it. My sis is better than me at Mario Kart. And she's seven...

Again, he's not better at the game than me. He's been dying constantly all night. He sucks. He carries a shield but never thinks to actually use it, he prefers to take the hit then waste a healing herb. Possibly a side effect of every game since Halo having regenerating health meters. He really is terrible at games as a whole. Primarily because he's as thick as two short planks.

I read on the net that the World Tendancy is affected by the actions of everyone online in that world at the time, so maybe this was actually nothing to do with him. I dunno. I can't get through the door though for some reason. Lord knows why he can. The only decent thing he's achieved was defeating Phalanx, and he immediately killed himself in the Valley Of Defilement incident outlined above. So I highly doubt it's anything he's done.

Now how do I get through that damned door because it's pissing me off. I've already had to smack him upside his head for bragging about finding a shield I don't have. Of course I get the last laughs as A) it's my game so he either minds his manners or gets barred from it, B) he sucks, that'll never go away, and C) the shield sucks anyway.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Was just teasing you a bit man.
nyanya.gif

As for the dragons both are actually relatively easy to get rid of, especially the red dragon. Check the wiki I linked you to on how to beat them, all you need is a few hundred arrows each and a lot of patience.

edit: and like I said check the wiki on how to manipulate world tendencies.

Towards White

Kill a Demon (boss) in a particular World (+1)
Kill the Black Phantom Form of one of the 5 special named NPCs (+3).
Defeat Black Phantom Executioner Miralda (+3) in 1-1
Defeat Black Phantom Scirvir, the Wanderer (+3)in 2-2
Defeat Black Phantom Lord Rydell (+3) in 3-1
Defeat Black Phantom Satsuki (+3) in 4-1
Defeat Black Phantom Selen Vinland (+3) in 5-2
Defeat a Primeval Demon. (+3) (once per world per game)
Defeat Black Phantom NPC (see above) and 1 Primeval Demon without returning to Nexus. (+6) (once per game)
Defeat Black Phantom NPC (see above) and Primeval Demon without returning to Nexus, and then defeat 1 Boss. (+7) (once per game)
Note: If the player want to maintain white tendency after defeating a boss (approx 45% shift white), then go to the Nexus and commit suicide in the Nexus. Death in body form in a world equates to a (30%) back to black tendency, undoing all the good from killing the boss. Playing in soul form is a small price to pay for maintaining white tendency.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
semi unrelated, the game looks pretty boring to me in videos but everybody says it's awesome
wish there was a demo but i'll probably just end up buying it
ohnoes.png

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Gore said:
semi unrelated, the game looks pretty boring to me in videos but everybody says it's awesome
wish there was a demo but i'll probably just end up buying it
ohnoes.png

Yea thats unrelated and the game is quite fun.

Also I know exactly what Door your talking about.
No, your tendency is separate from everyone else's. Once in a while though your world Tendency will reset to Neutral (Grey). However, if you die a lot, tendency goes down, kill things and it goes up. The only way to make a world pure white is like this A. you defeat the boss Demon or two (In the case of Boletaria like your in, its the Phalanx and the Tower Knight) B. Atlus holds a Pure White world Tendency event in which case all your worlds Tendency will stay white for a time (Last one was 2 weeks).

The door of which you speak can also be opened due to a pure black tendency. Since you say your brother keeps dying then its more than likely his world has turned black. When the door opens on a black tendency there will be a black phantom of Miralda the Executioner, when you defeat her the world will return to either Neutral or White tendency again. Should you open the door on a white Tendency the door will contain the real Miralda and defeating her will turn the world to either Neutral or Black Tendency. However, once the door has been opened it will stay opened.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
p1ngpong said:
This explains world tendencies in depth and how to manipulate them http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/world-tendency

Fyi you have to play better by not dieing in body form, defeating Demons, black phantoms and so on to gain pure white tendency. So if your bro has it and you don't it must mean he is a better player than you.

ohnoes.png
ohnoes.png
ohnoes.png
ohnoes.png
I know this is an old topic, but it seems people aren't actually getting how the system works. If you're always in Soul form and you die, you won't shift your World tendency to black. So your brother can die hundreds of times and gain Pure White after beating a boss. Sure Soul form is a little harder, but you don't have to worry about losing White tendency each time you die.

A tip for getting pure White is to kill yourself in the Nexus so it won't drop your world status. You can also always try killing the dragons at later points in the game.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Seraph said:
A tip for getting pure White is to kill yourself in the Nexus so it won't drop your world status. You can also always try killing the dragons at later points in the game.

Lol, I killed the Red Dragon in the very beginning. I got the Lava bow and like 250 arrows. Took like 30 minutes but it was worth it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1