1. spotanjo3

spotanjo3 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    Nice but I will stick with tinfoil usb installed method through tinfoil 0.2.1.

Assasin1990 and codyjo like this.
  2. blawar

OP blawar Developer
    Developer

United States
    xbox scene im not concerned with, im speaking of the switch scene. If he isnt hacking, or programming in the switch scene, the only thing he could have done is leak the SDK or leak keys that were given to him. Neither of which deserves respect.

3. Jason81Anderson

Newcomer

Serbia, Republic of
    Thanks.

Last edited by Jason81Anderson, Feb 25, 2019
  4. blahblah

blahblah GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. People do not have to prove themselves time and time again in each subsequent scene. Decent people respect past acts.

Rahkeesh likes this.
  5. Illuminaticy
    This message by Illuminaticy has been removed from public view by Chary, Feb 25, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Feb 25, 2019
  6. Jason81Anderson
    This message by Jason81Anderson has been removed from public view by Chary, Feb 25, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Feb 25, 2019
  7. ArcLP

ArcLP Member
    Newcomer

United States
    guys don't listen to OP I made lithium the app like 5 days ago and showed it to a guy and now blawar has it please I own the copyright and trademark of the word lithium my father was a battery please support me here.

uyjulian, lutyj, Draxzelex and 9 others like this.
  8. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker News Police
    Banned

Argentina
    May I suggest a name change to Tinfoil lite? I don’t want to learn the periodic table to keep up with the releases :tpi:

THX4210 likes this.
  9. Illuminaticy
    This message by Illuminaticy has been removed from public view by Chary, Feb 25, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Feb 25, 2019
  10. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
    Why would I use this app when I could just wait for your next installer app?

crissal, uyjulian, sTo0z and 8 others like this.
  11. blawar

OP blawar Developer
    Developer

United States
    Ok, tell me something cool he has done in the past? All I know about is the xbins website.

12. iriez

iriez GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I have nearly 20 years of contribution to the Homebrew and console hacking scene. During those two decades of service I not only have spent well over $10,000 of my own personal money to provide infrastructure to the community, but I also was involved in private groups that did really good security work, reverse engineering security on consoles that were at the time "unhackable". I've also donated quite a lot of hardware and provided a lot of resources to developers. Xbins existed before gbatemp did, by a few years. We were an original concept, no one had ever tried to create a "homebrew app store" before. Why would there have been, homebrew really didn't exist as software on consoles before the xbox? We put our literal lives on the line by taking the legal risk of hosting content that *could* be used for piracy, even if we are explicitly against it as an organization. We could have been sued, as many others have been, putting them in debt forever to a conglomoration. What risks have you taken?

Im incredibly proud of xbins. Its not "a website". We launched XBMC, which is now known as Kodi, the most widely used multi-device media platform. No one would dare host XDK built content as it was an immediate C&D from microsoft, risking ligitation. Yet we did. We are currently a retroarch/libretro host...so often when you are downloading files from them its coming from our server. We also host other emulation-based forums, such as CoinOps. All of this is a public service, costs $$$ and is done for free as a gift to the community. We as an organization teamed up with manufacturers (yes including xecuter when it was ran by Raptor, an actual ethical person who hired real talent to do original work without theft) to provide hardware to free to the community as give-aways. I've personally shipped for thousands of dollars of free modchips/hardware, etc.

What have you done other than steal others code and then provide closed-source binaries to the community claiming that you've done no such thing? Oh not to mention taking a payoff from the new and utter-shit xecuter for those projects.

You got a lot of nerve kid. Anytime you're in California hit me up we can have a face-to-face about it. I'm a public figure and I don't hide behind anonymous screen names.

I've literally provided a lifetime of service to this community. The fuck have you done? Reworked other people's code, write some python? Your peanuts and all of the real developers make fun of you. It must hurt you to know that the people doing the real work laugh behind your back at you....

There's a lot of different type of people in the world but in the open source community there are those who give and there are those who take. You give nothing in return and take everything. You are merely a toxic parasite on this community engaging in rent-seeking.

Feel free to prove everyone wrong anytime by providing source. Course thats a dead horse we all know you'll never ride....

Last edited by iriez, Feb 26, 2019
    crissal, Meepers55, uyjulian and 22 others like this.
  13. kornychaos

kornychaos Organized.

United States
    This post made me chuckle hardcore, thanks.
    *comes to a hacking forum and disapproves of a hacking program no one is making you use while handing out only accusatory speculation with no factual basis.*

14. blahblah

blahblah GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I’ll let Iriez answer that if he wishes to. It’s not my place to detail someone else’s unlawful activity.

Assasin1990 and iriez like this.
  15. blawar
    This message by blawar has been removed from public view by Chary, Feb 25, 2019, Reason: Offtopic.
    Feb 25, 2019
  16. kornychaos

kornychaos Organized.

United States
    Why are options ever bad, seriously? If the user prefers this over another installer, then that's awesome. Why suppress more homebrew on a hacking forum?

17. Chary

Chary Never sleeps
    Chief Editor

United States
    This is not a topic to attack the OP, or for the OP to reply back against personal arguments, regardless of prior actions or behavior. The thread is about the homebrew application Lithium, and anything involving its use, not a soap opera about scene dev drama. That can be taken elsewhere.

Clearly, that can't be understood, so this thread needs a bit to cool down.

CassioAug, uyjulian, Mythical and 4 others like this.
  18. Jason81Anderson

Newcomer

Serbia, Republic of
    This is a really great app for nsp. I found one bug, you cannot minimize when installing the game, it closes the installation. I tried with home.

19. blawar

OP blawar Developer
    Developer

United States
    Yes, pressing home kills the program. This is not a bug, there is no way around it unless i switch to a sys module for installation.

20. Jason81Anderson

Newcomer

Serbia, Republic of
    No big deal. Thank for the Lithium.

Last edited by Jason81Anderson, Feb 26, 2019
    blawar likes this.
  21. Essasetic

Essasetic General Spectator

United Kingdom
    As soon as Goldleaf gets updated for 7.0 support. This will be obsolete. Goldleaf already has an incredibly friendly UI.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also, his claims and trying so hard (yet failing so hard) to throw goldleaf under the bus legitimately made me laugh.

Kyaria likes this.
  22. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Guru

blawar, did you fixed the delete nsp after installation bug?

23. blawar

OP blawar Developer
    Developer

United States
    Next version, i'm waiting for a few more bugs to get reported so I'm not releasing a new version every day.

dsrules likes this.
  24. BlastedGuy9905
    This message by BlastedGuy9905 has been removed from public view by Chary, Feb 26, 2019, Reason: Troll.
    Feb 26, 2019
  25. toxic9

toxic9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I think everyone should have an opportunity.
    But why isn't the code public?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Lightweight, Installer, Lithium