blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange, Lithium keeps restarting itself after the Kosmos Splashscreen.
I use the special Hekate build posted here with Kosmos 12.1.2, so as I understand it, it should work.
My Switch is on FW 7.01. Maybe someone could point me to the solution please.

Oh, and Lithium version is 1.57.

Did you include the update.bin.sig file that accompanies update.bin?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hmm.. now wasn't it the kosmos devs who threw their toys out first by not wanting to play nice with tinfoil?
Kosmos just use hekate, and always have, afaik this was about what patches hekate doesn't use, so afaik that's a no.
Either way kosmos are just quietly doing their own thing and not, for example, trying to delete other people's files.

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kosmos just use hekate, and always have, afaik this was about what patches hekate doesn't use, so afaik that's a no.
Either way kosmos are just quietly doing their own thing and not, for example, trying to delete other people's files.

Kosmos had the ability to modify hekate, just as joonie did. Almost all Hekate users are Kosmos users, so Kosmos could have fixed the issue.

I'm sure Kosmos will be fine, they can do their thing, and I'll do mine ;)

Also, Tinfoil does not delete any files, the user deletes the files, Tinfoil just gives them the ability to do so if they so choose :)

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Kosmos had the ability to modify hekate, just as joonie did. Almost all Hekate users are Kosmos users, so Kosmos could have fixed the issue.

I'm sure Kosmos will be fine, they can do their thing, and I'll do mine ;)

Also, Tinfoil does not delete any files, the user deletes the files, Tinfoil just gives them the ability to do so if they so choose :)
Most people feel more comfortable with official releases. No offence to joonie, but I've never heard of them. And the message I was replying to suggested that kosmos were throwing their toys out of the pram by not just doing your bidding, which is a large stretch for just sticking with their decision and not doing anything weird and antisocial like blacklisting other software and deleting files. Or stealing another dev's app name. Or finding some way to fall out with every dev in the scene.

Reactions: tiliarou

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
@blawar,

Look dude, I'm just a random user - I don't have Kosmos installed, and I don't care what you do to your app. I've been using it for a little while for HBG shop, to be honest - it's a good app and very useful. Honestly though - I'm not cool about having to delete a ftp folder from my micro sd card that only contained some mp3 files. I don't think this aggressive folder deletion thing, or forcing anyone to remove files or folders from their micro sd cards I gaining you any new users, it's just getting on peoples nerves more than anything.
I'll continue using your app for the time being - but come on dude, surely if you can code an app like tinfoil - you can code it so we don't need to remove other software/files/folders just to be able to use it.

Reactions: hippy dave

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@blawar,

Look dude, I'm just a random user - I don't have Kosmos installed, and I don't care what you do to your app. I've been using it for a little while for HBG shop, to be honest - it's a good app and very useful. Honestly though - I'm not cool about having to delete a ftp folder from my micro sd card that only contained some mp3 files. I don't think this aggressive folder deletion thing, or forcing anyone to remove files or folders from their micro sd cards I gaining you any new users, it's just getting on peoples nerves more than anything.
I'll continue using your app for the time being - but come on dude, surely if you can code an app like tinfoil - you can code it so we don't need to remove other software/files/folders just to be able to use it.
You seem to not understand blawar's behavior, he deletes those folders due to personal issues with some AtlaNX's members. That dicky measure is just blawar being blawar.

Last edited by Billy Acuña,

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@blawar, how to use this
Added ability to reset minimum version nag (Thanks Amoo!)
in Lithium?
I don't see any option to reset minimum version

Go to the installed apps section, press y to bring up the title info screen, press x to bring up the application record, the option to reset the version is there. I will streamline the process later.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@blawar,

The ftpd folder check got removed in 1.57. If you are sufficiently annoyed by it, you can simply not use the software. I am reducing support issues caused by hekate, and there is not a clean way to detect it short of reading their files from the SD card.

You seem to not understand blawar's behavior, he deletes those folders due to personal issues with some AtlaNX's members. That dicky measure is just blawar being blawar.

It is not personal issues, they are not including acid patches, not all tinfoil features work. If they add the acid patches, I will unblock kosmos.

Kokin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
awesome, I have to thank you very much, you can reset the version, this problem has been bothering me for a long time, previously only DEV, now tinfoil/lithium,lithium it looks like I didn't find it, thank you again for your work

xenon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
This may sound like a silly question, but... just to be clear: Lithium and the "new" Tinfoil don't allow USB installs at all, right? The options are limited to Goldleaf or the "old" Tinfoil for that.

Philliyxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: xenon
D

Deleted User

Had to restore my SD card after selecting „uninstall kosmos“ - sorry to say that I moved to goldleaf after that.

Reactions: hippy dave

LapCheong

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
restore what? what exactly happened? kinda vague ... i assume you were running kosmos, selected uninstall kosmos and now cfw no longer worked :D
Kosmos is repack and atmosphere is the custom firmware. By removing kosmos, you will still have atmosphere "technically". Not really sure what is it but i have no problem booting fusee-primary straight

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may sound like a silly question, but... just to be clear: Lithium and the "new" Tinfoil don't allow USB installs at all, right? The options are limited to Goldleaf or the "old" Tinfoil for that.

lithium and new tinfoil support USB installs, you run nut on your PC https://github.com/blawar/nut

Had to restore my SD card after selecting „uninstall kosmos“ - sorry to say that I moved to goldleaf after that.

It would have worked if you had used the fusee primary payload. Enjoy goldleaf :) You sound like a troll though, who uninstalls kosmos and then complains that kosmos won't boot? :)

Last edited by blawar,

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Instead work on a fix better uninstall another homebrew bootloaders and CFW.... :clap clap:

Show a warning it's ok, but decide that software should have the people installed and uninstall it because you can't offer support for this CFW/Repacks seems so stupid, specially for the people that are harder setup their SD again...

This remember me to crapy enterprises that can't do a leal competence to his competitors, it's sad that this moves infest the switch scene now -.-"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte