Liteon not detected

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by red_fox, Aug 22, 2009.

Aug 22, 2009

Liteon not detected by red_fox at 7:10 PM (1,306 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. red_fox
    OP

Newcomer red_fox Member

Ireland
    Ok, my problem might be a little specific but I might as well ask.

My sata is Intel 82801 which is supposed to work with the liteon, I can see the Liteon DG-16D2S in my bios but neither jungleflasher nor ck3tool can detect it. However, I don't have it connected to rs-232 serial port, I assumed this PC has one - but I have access to another which does, just not right now.

My question is this: if the ck3 lite is not connected to the PC by Serial should ck3 tool etc be able to detect the drive over sata (but of course not able to dump the key). Basically I'm wondering if I should get a pci card or some alternative for this pc or is my problem separate from my lack of serial?

2. olliepop2000

Member olliepop2000 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    have you installed portio? you should be able to see the drive without the probe connected.

3. red_fox
    OP

Newcomer red_fox Member

Ireland
    Yeah, portio is installed.

When i query the port the Hex is all 'C's. I had also disconnected the IDE dvd drives as I needed the molex cable, but I doubt that's causing the problem. I also had it connected to port 1, and not port 0, could that be a problem?

4. olliepop2000

United Kingdom
    it shouldn't matter if you change the address in the drop-down box. what o/s are you using it on? i had best results with xp.

5. red_fox
    OP

Newcomer red_fox Member

Ireland
    I'm using WinXp, .net up to date.

I swapped my hdd and liteon sata ports, ck3 tool gave the same error. Then I set port 0 to off in the bios, ck3 still gave the error but jungleflasher detects it now (I hadn't tried it with the liteon just in port0). It complains about not having any com ports but I guess that's because I haven't connected the ck3 to my pc (beyond powering it). So hopefully I can get a USB/Serial adapter to work. Had I bought the ck3 pro I'd probably be finished now [​IMG]

Anyway, here's a screen grab:

[​IMG]

6. olliepop2000

United Kingdom
    Get the latest Jungleflasher the version you have is quite old, i think you will get better results with the newest. See if you can borrow a USB serial adapter.

7. red_fox
    OP

Newcomer red_fox Member

Ireland
    Thanks for that, it should make the rest go more smoothly.

I'll see if I can find someone with one, although I leave on Wednesday and I'm not back until the 4th so I'll order one as well, they're cheap and I'll have it if I need it again (assuming it works...)

8. olliepop2000

United Kingdom
    don't forget make a backup of the keys on a memory stick, then you can't go wrong oh and don't panic if the drive seems a bit stubborn and won't erase and return the correct code first time. i have had a couple that took like 15 attempts! keep calm and be patient.

9. red_fox
    OP

Newcomer red_fox Member

Ireland
    15! I hope I don't run into that, but once I have the key I'm pretty safe. This all has to wait until I get back though as I couldn't get a serial adapter.

10. ToneEQ

Member ToneEQ GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    My LiteOn wasn't detected by CK3Tool at all, with or without the CK3, I had to use JungleFlasher only. I bought the Pro which has a USB port on the CK3 as well as the serial, as I don't have a serial port on my mobo.

Follow this video guide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIrqdRALLSs

11. red_fox
    OP

Newcomer red_fox Member

Ireland
    Just an update, I finally got back to my dismantled xbox, the usb-serial adapter worked perfectly but I lost count of the number of times I tried to dump the key, I got an error after reading the key from 0 to 4 times, but eventually it read six in a row. I had similar problems writing the new firmware, but I kept clicking 'write' until it verified ok.

It's all done, patience was very much needed! [​IMG]

12. olliepop2000

United Kingdom
    good to hear it worked ok for you, enjoy [​IMG]