lite-on flash

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by brianx, Nov 23, 2008.

1. brianx
    OP

brianx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2008
    WHen is the Lite-on flash releasing , since the New xbox experince has been released?

2. SeanoRLY?

SeanoRLY? GBAtemp Regular

Jan 1, 2007
    Who knows. There is no way of flashing the drive at this moment, but you can dump the drive key, etc. and do it that way. There are a few tutorials floating about I think.

3. mr deez

mr deez GBAtemp Fan

Jun 17, 2007
    probably fairly soon I reckon. But like anything like this, it's all guesswork, hearsay, gossip and conjecture - so possibly never.

4. brianx
    OP

brianx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2008
    But do you know when the update of the xteme firmware and the lite-on flash will arrive? And should you update the xbox 360 dashboard to the new one before changing the dvd-drive to the flash able drive?

5. xcalibur

xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

Jun 2, 2007
    Sacred Heart
    Lie-on is supposedly unflashable. It stores the ID of the drive on a ROM chip so it can't be altered.
    The some other tech mumbo I don't understand further explains why not.

6. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    It's not a rom. The drive can be wrote to , that isn't a problem. The problem is reading it , can't read original firmware , so can't dump it and make a hacked firmware. That's the hold up.

7. cardyology

cardyology GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 2, 2007
    Chorley Uk
    No, its the other way round.

I got an elite with a liteon drive about two months ago, problem is the rom cant be re-written.
    The key CAN be read & dumped with a bit of effort, and spoofed to a different drve eg a BENQ - this is what had to be done to mine.

Its a pain in the asrse to do. I flashed my old sammy drive myself & I've done quite a few of my friends hitchi & BENQ ones too but doing this whole dump & spoofing thing was too much for me, I bought a BENq drive off ebay & paid a good dude to do the retrieval/spoofing for me.

It works wonderfully now [​IMG]

8. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    It's not the other way round. Reading the key isn't dumping the firmware. It's just reading off a small section. Just because we can't write to it yet , doesn't mean it's rom.

Old irc log from the thread on xbox-scene.

[11:09] c4eva now u have teh controller chip stripped down have u been able to read the fw off it
    [11:11] soon, work is progressing
    [11:11] c4eva if u r able to read fw off it, does it means that fw is identical on all liteons, and we all can erase current/write hacked one to our liteons using software
    [11:12] yes, but key must still be dumped, but once fw is read, will look for other holes, software erase/write already done
    [11:17] once we have fw, and create ixtreme, you just put your key in and flash back!
    [11:17] throught the sata
    [11:18] flash-yes
    [11:18] nice
    [11:18] nice idd
    [11:18] once we have fw, will look for easy way to get k

Straight from the man himself , "WRITE" already done.

Just no hacked firmware to put back on there yet.

9. cardyology

cardyology GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 2, 2007
    Chorley Uk
    Mmmm fair enough dude....

AFAIK the method I described is still the only way untill C4Eva releases this new hacked firmware which is god knows when.