Lite-On Drive, Already Flashed, Have CK3 Lite

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Wolvenreign, Mar 14, 2011.

Mar 14, 2011
  1. Wolvenreign
    OP

Member Wolvenreign Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat

United States
    Hey folks. I've been googling this subject for quite some time, but all I seem to be able to pull up are guides from when I first did this, a few years ago. Now, I use Google all the time, but one of it's major weaknesses is that it's not always up to date on any given subject. I was just about to reflash it the old fashioned way, but I figure it would be better to check if there isn't a more updated way to go about this.

It's the first lite-on drive released, the 74850c. I have the CK3 Lite (and a Pro is sitting somewhere around ehre, can't find it atm). I've already taken it apart, but have decided to ask this before moving on, just in case.

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    If you have the serial number for the drive you are laughing- grab the tutorial from http://www.jungleflasher.net/downloads.html , build a new firmware and flash it. Do note the latest firmware needs games to be using splitvid (everything released in the last year or so will be using it and it is easy to add to isos- obviously you can not rewrite a burned game) and we also have AP2.5 to deal with these days (you can do another search but at present Assassin's creed brotherhood, Fable3, COD MW2, COD black ops, Halo Reach and need for speed hot pursuit need another patch to the iso before burning).
    If you do not mind missing out on those games there is another hacked firmware called 1.6NS that has no issues with waves, no need for splitvid and is generally awesome. Obviously you will be missing out on Live but then again I guess you do not mind much.

If you have already flashed it and you are not on LT (if you flashed if after late January 2010 you are probably on LT) then your drive will quite happily spit serial numbers back at you (no need to repeat the probe hack). Use these to build a new firmware and carry on as usual.

If you are on LT then some possible bad news- you will need to fiddle around with the drive board motherboard and get the keys back. It should work with pogo ma thoin (a guide above and loads of tweaks on the design exist) but as the firmware was based on a later liteon version the probe itself (some tweaking should fix that) will not be able to do the hack (there was a hack to the hacked firmware to restore the bug that gave us the probe hack but I doubt you would be using that). After a bit of hassle you should have the keys back and you can build a new hacked firmware.

There is a new way- a couple of teams built all in one flashing toolkits. Maximus lizard/scorpion and http://www.x360usb.com/ being the two competing kits. They will set you back a bit though.

I know it is not likely but if you have not updated the dash since August 2009 (if you have used live since then or a game released I think since about October of that year- I am not sure on that though) then you also have the option of doing the JTAG hack which is great and you will want to do. Guide to JTAG and some simple checks you can do to see if you can
    https://docs.google.com/View?id=dnfmv5h_30dw33vpf4
    If you do not want to JTAG it sell the thing on to someone that does (you can probably make enough to buy a new slim* if it is and certainly enough to buy in another DVD hacked 360)- liteon should mean Jasper motherboard and a JTAG Jasper is the most desirable 360 model there is.

*the hacked firmware for some slims entered testing the other week and the other one is on the way.

A bit brief but that is pretty much everything that has happened in the 360 world in the last few years.

3. Wolvenreign
    OP

Member Wolvenreign Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat

United States
    Thanks a ton, Fast! This looks like the info I need. I need to run, but I'll be back to read it in detail later.

Thanks again!

4. hundshamer

Member hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You can also use Pogo Mo Thoin on all 3 phat Lite-On series (74850c, 83850c v1&2, and 93450c) solderlessly. There are ways to make it from your CK3 lite. You can make it out of the probe you have. I made mine from a jumper from an non functional DVD drive, a spare power cord for a 360 DVD drive, a toggle swith, wire, and a needle.