Hacking List of usb loader gx compatible drives

JakePsycho

gold~king~house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I try to load USB Loader GX, it says, " Waiting for your slow USB drive, loads for thirty seconds, and then Wii restarts. Help!! I have tried 2 USB Drives so far.
cry.gif

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While it's waiting, try unplugging your drive completely, and then plug it back in. Some drives, mostly those with external power supplies, don't mount properly when you turn on the Wii and launch GX. If that doesn't work, maybe ensure you've set up the drive properly. It's recommended to format your drive or second partition to FAT32 (you can use the free program called Compuapps Swissknife) before formatting to WBFS. Then use WBFS Manager 3.0.1 to format to WBFS, and add an ISO on your PC first (if possible).

What brand/model of drives are you using? Have they been confirmed to work on the USB devices compatability list?

If you decide on getting a new drive, I recommend the 500gb Seagate Freeagent Go. I've put three of these drives through every possible test, including homebrew, MPlayerCE, multiple partitions, spindown errors, and they are FLAWLESS.

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
what cIOS rev are you running?
Be sure to try switching the ports. If you're running cIOS rev >11, GX will only detect on port 0 (leftmost if the console is standing).

Try to check if this is the case.

In other test you can see if it's detectable in another loader.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakatus said:
Be sure to try switching the ports. If you're running cIOS rev >11, GX will only detect on port 0 (leftmost if the console is standing).
I think you mean rightmost (from behind)...

The easiest way to explain it is the one closer to the edge of the Wii.

woffle99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had to try three drives before I found one that would work (and both the ones that didn't were originally listed as OK on the USB Device List, so don't put all your faith in that). If the suggestions others have made here don't work then you'll have to buy a new one - from what I've read the small portable Western Digital drives have always worked for people.

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
Pakatus said:
I think you mean rightmost (from behind)...

The easiest way to explain it is the one closer to the edge of the Wii.

Exactly
smile.gif
Thanks

restr2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I have usb loader gx and when i plug my hdd in it says "Waiting for device wait for 30 seconds" after that it justs reboots to the main screen.

I have cios rev 14

I have a 120 gb WD

I NEED HELP PLEASE!

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
restr2 said:
Yeah it is on the compatibility list so please help me guys!
i'm not sure what build of gx you are using, but it used to be my sole loader, until my drive which had been supported perfectly since i began usb loading suddenly stopped being detected, much like yours. i switched over to configurable loader and its never given me a single issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe the Amiga or ST version is nice....