list of regional differences? (changed text, censorships, different graphics etc)

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by migles, Feb 6, 2016.

1. migles
    OP

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    is there a big list of games that have different content on different regions?
    i am more pointing a finger at censorships of any kind on >10 years old games
    we all know some special cases like earthbound\mother and lots of nintendo games but even in today's platforms i seen lots of differences on different regions..
    and as a dude which can import (or pirate) getting a game requires some search about prices\differences etc

the cutting room floor ( tcrf.net ) is a very good website full of stuff like removed content etc.. but it's missing a lot of stuff and this website is dedicated to find stuff removed on release...

2. Evilengine

Evilengine GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2008
    Gambia, The
    one of the biggest sites I know about this, it is in german, but maybe you can use a translation utility or something like that:
    http://www.schnittberichte.com/

migles likes this.
  3. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Addict

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Yeah I wa sto tell about this sitebut you already know xD
    I'm also curious for these stuff but I don't know where just compare without really giving an opinion...
    Like legends of localization, if I haven't got it wrong, is made by a guy that worked on mother 3 fan translation and from this strated to work with stuff.
    Not sure if for working with it now or really personal opinion, but seens very cceptable for some changes :B (I know I'm very critic xD I can't accept some stuff but now I can undertand more the necessity of SOME lol )

4. migles
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    thanks, it's something :D being a german website at least they should have info about censoreship on germany releases
    thank you, i am looking for other plataforms like ps3, xbox and pc, about recent games.. because it's easy to find this info about old nintendo games

Last edited by migles, Feb 6, 2016
    Sliter likes this.
  5. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Addict

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    well I think these plataforms don't have much of localizations changes? maybe changed boxart, logos and these stuff ? never heard much about regional changesmuch far from nintendo XD

6. Evilengine

Evilengine GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Sliter and migles like this.
  7. migles
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    ho wait, i wanted to mean less than 10 year old games (recent ones) there were lots of censorship in the nes\snes days, but thats not what i want

Sliter likes this.