List of PSP game filesizes

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Tranquil, Aug 13, 2009.

Aug 13, 2009

List of PSP game filesizes by Tranquil at 5:51 AM (5,403 Views / 0 Likes) 18 replies

1. Tranquil
    OP

Member Tranquil GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Does a list exist anywhere with the filesizes of all the PSP games? Just out of curiousity.

...and I need to know how big of a memory card I'm gonna need to get.

2. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

No list exists just get an 8GB and forget about the sizes!

Smallest is about 40mb and the largest is about 1.75gb that's with homebrew of various sizes in between all you really need to know [​IMG]

At the very least get a 4gb card! anything smaller like a 2gb would be pointless with some games like Crisis Core would take up almost a 2gb on its own!

3. clegion

Member clegion GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    hmmm take 8 gb believe me you won't be sorry. 2gb are way outdated, four gig is okay, but if like toput load of stuff into your psp go with 8 gig

4. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    edit: firefox freaked out and reposted same post as above doh!

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    http://www.advanscene.com/ has a list although it has not been updated in a little while now.

Remember you can also compress most isos which drops space and included in that is the ability to wipe updates from games and otherwise rip and relink things (languages, music, videos....) to make it smaller.

6. Spawk

Newcomer Spawk Member

Canada
    Advanscene also hosts .dat files to be used with programs like Offlinelist. These dats include a lot of info about all the releases including size (untouched .iso's). I use it to verify my iso's, then i make a backup of the full iso before i convert it to .cso, rip or modify anything. Must haves for any collector.

7. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    N+ is 26.5mb. =)

8. Spartan117H3

Member Spartan117H3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I say get an 8 GB or wait till the 16 GB drops in price. Grand Theft Auto Vice City takes 1.58 GB (Iso mode obviously) and Resistance Retribution takes 1.38 GB in CSO mode. These are the highest I've seen but they're over 1 GB each so I wouldn't get anything lower than an 8 GB.

However, if you convert them into CSO's, they're significantly smaller. For example, if you did Grand Theft Auto, it would be about 9.80 GB but the thing is, GTA doesn't work well in CSO mode. Other games are fine. Homebrew usually doesn't surpass 50 MB, give or take unless it's a big homebrew game or something of that sort.

9. clegion

United States
    which gta are you talking about, 9.80 gb ? do you mean 980 mb?

10. Tranquil
    OP

United States
    Would I need to get a Photofast adapter with two microsd cards?

From what I hear, some games load slower off them and I don't believe MagicGate is supported...is that a big deal?

11. clegion

United States
    nah you don't need that much, magicgate make loading the game faster although not significantly, just get a normal memory stick by your favourite maker just get the 8 gig or so and when the time comes and you need bigger capacity, the price on 16 gig has probably drop

12. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    I haven't had any issues, not even in God of War or GTA: LCS. Some people claim MagicGate is a big deal, but it's really just to tell fake MS Pro Duos apart from real ones. MicroSD cards are cheaper than MS Pro Duos, too.

13. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    I'd completely agree with the above (although i've not tried GoW or the GTA games) Magic Gate tech really doesn't matter in the case of a GENUINE set up. Fake sticks without Magic Gate are terrible because they're cheap knock-offs, NOT because they don't have the MG standard. The best way to judge your stick performance, once you're happy it's not a fake that may corrupt on you or die, is with the PSXReality Speed Tester (or for a less detailed output Blackspeed).

A genuine Photofast CR-5400 and two fast MicroSD's (i.e preferably not Class 2 if you have large sticks) are liable to be a cheap memory solution and fine for gaming.

14. Spartan117H3

Member Spartan117H3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I meant .980 GB, my bad, 980 MB works too.

15. Tranquil
    OP

United States
    But how would the speed with the photofast and 2 microsd cards (while using it in a PSP, not on a PC) compare to using say, this or this one?

16. xist

United Kingdom
    That's only half the story....which two MicroSD's? Although yes to the first stick though....the Sandisk is probably unlikely, although compare the prices you'll pay for the Photofast set against that one!

17. DarkWay

Member DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

United Kingdom
    I have a genuine Photofast CR-5400 and 2 genuine Kingston 8Gb Micro SDHC cards (Class 4) and they work perfectly fine and extremely fast in my PSP, even copying iso's over to the psp from my laptop via USB is pretty fast no more than a few minutes or less

18. themuddaload

Member themuddaload Creepin' hardcore.

United States
    speed of memory cards really isnt a big issue. just about any solid state memory is faster than a umd.

[​IMG]
    ^ fake sony 4gb

[​IMG]
    ^ umd - thats gta:vcs by the way.

19. xist

United Kingdom
    But since plugins are often problematic given a poor MS read speed, it can be a very important reason as to why some things refuse to work. Also go for the fastest you can get....comparing UMD to MS access just for playing a game isn't a fair analysis as CFW does so much more.