Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
It's annoying, but there are workarounds (none of them really pretty though):

• Cut a hole in the removable battery cover/bottom lid where the uSD slot is so you can get to it whether it's on or off
  • Dremel out the screws on the battery cover so they're not there anymore, making it easier to take it off (I know you can leave it on unscrewed, but sometimes they get kind of stuck)
  • Get one of those weird uSD extension cables from AliExpress or whatever site had them, and have an easier to access uSD slot that sticks out of your console

I suppose one could also try removing the game card slot and relocating the uSD slot to there. No clue if your N3DS would still boot after that though. :P That, or relocate the uSD slot near the charging jack or somewhere else.
When I need to move large files or a lot of smaller files (like when backing up the uSD or when I've installed A9LH) I simply remove the back cover and used my "clear plastic shield" in it's place, since the hinges connecting the parts of the shield are broken it's easy to put and remove. And those shields are actually cheap.
on topic: What I like the best on N3DS over the O3DS.
1st - More power to homebrews
2nd - forcing New clock mode + L2 memory to CTR Games (only downside is that some of them may have random freezing or locking, like Senran Kagura 2 that got stuck on loading screens sometimes).
3rd - Included second analog input + ZR/ZL, included NFC reader/writer.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
In short: everything is better. Build quality and design (it actually feels solid this time)
Screens (higher quality TN and IPSes)
Loud speakers
More buttons
Better camera, especially in low light
Super-Stable 3D
Button revising (Start/Select/HOME/Vol./POW)
faster CPU and more RAM
More exclusives and extras (games and apps like wireless SD Transferring)
HTML5 browser
native amiibo support (it makes the amiibo experience better tbh)
...and it's glossy. xD

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If someone is just starting out, then definitely go for a N3DS. If you already have an o3DS, though, I don't see much reason for it. Sure, it has a couple of exclusives and it can handle a couple more emulators, but that's not much for $100+ if you already have an o3DS.

2manyGames2play

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If someone is just starting out, then definitely go for a N3DS. If you already have an o3DS, though, I don't see much reason for it. Sure, it has a couple of exclusives and it can handle a couple more emulators, but that's not much for $100+ if you already have an o3DS.
What's the battery life like between (o/n)3DS?

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Like this:
Original 3DS: 3-5 Hours
Original 3DS XL: 3-6.5 Hours
2DS: 3.5-5.5 Hours
New 3DS: 3.5-6 Hours
New 3DS XL: 3.5-7 Hours
Note that the battery life is higher when using DS Games, also all the models can be 3 Days as much in Sleep Mode.

Reactions: 2manyGames2play

Aether Lion

GBATemp's Pet Lion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So any 3DS XL is considered a N3DS? if looking through craigslist or eBay how does one tell the difference in whether it's an O3DS or N3DS?
Like I'm a little conufsed. I thought there was just 3DS, 3DS XL, and 2DS and that was it. One of each. But it seems there are many models.

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think its been mentioned, but you can apply an N3ds patch to the Pokemon games for smooth framerate in 3d battles.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. 2DS is just a 2D cheaper version of the O3DS.

With a bunch of features chopped..you get what you pay for.

Off the top of my head, 2ds has smaller screens, mono audio, worse battery life, a lousy form factor for a so called "portable" console. Not exactly easy to just toss in your pocket...

Last edited by dubbz82,

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
With a bunch of features chopped..you get what you pay for.

Off the top of my head, 2ds has smaller screens, mono audio, worse battery life, a lousy form factor for a so called "portable" console. Not exactly easy to just toss in your pocket...
Yeah no.. It has better battery than o3DS, same screen size and is managable for portability.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
The 2DS battery is the same as the one of the Original 3DS, but since it don"t have 3D, is mono, is using only one screen and a little more changes it gets a little more autonomy than the Original 3DS. Also the 2DS has the exact screen size that the Original 3DS have.

Aether Lion

GBATemp's Pet Lion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 2DS battery is the same as the one of the Original 3DS, but since it don"t have 3D, is mono, is using only one screen and a little more changes it gets a little more autonomy than the Original 3DS. Also the 2DS has the exact screen size that the Original 3DS have.
Yup. This is why 2DS/3DS Homebrew is the exact same.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
So any 3DS XL is considered a N3DS? if looking through craigslist or eBay how does one tell the difference in whether it's an O3DS or N3DS?
Like I'm a little conufsed. I thought there was just 3DS, 3DS XL, and 2DS and that was it. One of each. But it seems there are many models.
o3DS - black top screen border, small sized and shiny all around
o3DS XL, matte everything (except special editions), power button on inside and big screens
2DS, inferior version of the o3DS, still an o3DS, nothing more
-----
Both editions - volume slider on top screen, no power button on inside.
n3DS, has faceplates and a plastic-y look. Fully multicolored buttons.
n3DS XL - looks similar to o3DS XL, except the colors of the console are also on the inside. As in a red console is red everywhere. + shaped speakers unlike o3DS XL, and multicolored lettering on buttons (sans the special edition)

Last edited by Halvorsen,

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah no.. It has better battery than o3DS, same screen size and is managable for portability.

I'll write it off as 4 faulty 2ds batteries in my possession then, I guess. As for portability, have you ever tried shoving one in your pocket? It barely works. With cargo pants/shorts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries