Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
LIST OF KNOWN BRICKS SETTING UP A9LH

POST YOUR BRICKS IN THREAD

SOFT BRICKS:

HARD BRICKS
IF HARD BRICKED YOU WILL NEED A HARD MOD LOOK AT THIS GUIDE OR CONTACT A HARDMODDER IN YOUR AREA

@PF2M 2ds bricked because EmuNAND had an unsigned SecureInfo_A file

@Luglige
: 2ds bricked coping emuNAND to sysNAND, boots black tried recovery failed

Reason: @Filo97 Told it was bad downgrade

@Bull Moose 2016 Bricked using wrong 2.1 downgrade files chose EUR n3ds files on a USA o3ds, when coping over emuNAND to sysNAND it bricked

Last edited by Luglige,

Bull Moose 2016

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bricked an o3ds during the part where you downgrade emuNAND to 2.1 and copy it to sysNAND. It was my own fault. I have a EUR n3ds, but a USA o3ds. I used the EUR o3ds 2.1 firmware files during the downgrade process because I wasn't thinking carefully.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I bricked my o3ds til I re read the posts about a9lh and found out it was supposed to boot to a black screen after flashing it with the hack. Setup aurienand on my SD card and it booted right up

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got bricked on 2DS while downgrading to 2.1. The screen doesn't even turn on at boot, nothing can be done.

Used the right downgrade files, but don't know what happened.

Last edited by PF2M,

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your warrenty is already void if you bricked while setting up A9LH. They are gonna make you pay like $100 or so. Better just to send it in to a professional hard modded. Usually around 50 bucks.
I could buy a new 2DS for $60, would rather do that if possible.

But I have no money anyways, since I'm a teenager with no job or allowance. So if Nintendo won't do anything with it, then I'm stuck in the water until Christmas comes around. :/

Luglige

hiatus
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I could buy a new 2DS for $60, would rather do that if possible.

But I have no money anyways, since I'm a teenager with no job or allowance. So if Nintendo won't do anything with it, then I'm stuck in the water until Christmas comes around. :/
Go get a job XD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How much would that cost? I'm still under warranty, planning to send it to Nintendo when possible.
You can do a hardmod yourself. That'll be fun.

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should also note that Nintendo doesn't deny repair as easily as you think. One of the quotes from a thread I made:
I got my 3DS back repaired. They replaced the PCB. They also damaged the bottom screen so I immediately put it back in the box and sent it back. If you don't have any hacking stuff on your sd card (or don't include it) I don't think N can really tell what happened with nothing but a black screen to go by. I mentioned I had lent it to a little kid who I think was saying he shut it off when it started updating. They seemed to think that was a decent story to explain it.
And that's just one, other people sent in 3DSes that didn't downgrade to 9.2 properly and got it back free of charge within warranty. So I think I still have a chance...

Also, I'd love to try doing a hardmod myself, but I'd need a good tutorial and supplies first. So if someone could link me that, I'd be grateful...

Luglige

hiatus
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I should also note that Nintendo doesn't deny repair as easily as you think. One of the quotes from a thread I made:

And that's just one, other people sent in 3DSes that didn't downgrade to 9.2 properly and got it back free of charge within warranty. So I think I still have a chance...

Also, I'd love to try doing a hardmod myself, but I'd need a good tutorial and supplies first. So if someone could link me that, I'd be grateful...
http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte