Hardware List of hardmod installers by region

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
pretty sure one of the guys who ended up with a fried system was one of yours (though this was a couple of years back I think, so I assume you have made the warnings starker or maybe he just really was illitierate), really anyone can use a USB port breakout board, it nothing to be jealous of :rolleyes:
I know which customer is, is one of mine who have sent me his New 3DS XL for hardmod and micro USB cable modified SD.
I insisted a long time to tell him that it needed a card reader MMC II compatible offering him an USB 3.0 reader in addition but he refused.
Once he has recovered his console, he has not been able to detect the NAND with its card reader and in despair it has to use a standard 5V micro USB cable...
For wanting to save 10€, he has blown up his console.
When you're stubborn... you're stubborn. :sleep:

Last edited by milerwan,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I know which customer is, is one of mine who have sent me his New 3DS XL for hardmod and micro USB cable modified SD.
I insisted a long time to tell him that it needed a card reader MMC II compatible offering him an USB 3.0 reader in addition but he refused.
Once he has recovered his console, he has not been able to detect the NAND with its card reader and in despair it has to use a standard 5V micro USB cable...
For wanting to save 10€, he has blown up his console.
When you're stubborn... you're stubborn. :sleep:
I know some people don't listen, but that was the time I stopped doing USB ports as there was someone else did the same thing a few days earlier so I just figured I would avoid the whole thing as I didn't want to have anyone from me making the same mistake even though it would have probably been fine it just saved me giving lectures to everyone who got a hard mod from me :)

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Tecd0c

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.Merki.Net
XP
Country
Germany
@milerwan I'm not happy too, if people try to save at the wrong spot.
But what you are doning is simply wrong. If you only blaming others for your "wrong" concept.
Everybody can make mistakes, guess what - even you - so others too, but to risk their consoles because of that should let you think over, if this USB connector is the right decission.
Now three modders are telling you this, and I would say enough experianced to say this might lead into a desaster but your position seems very hard - just love your self...
Have a good evening!

Tecd0c

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.Merki.Net
XP
Country
Germany
As a technician I have a opinion what I think works good or not...
I thought we can discuss things over here...
Initialy I asked @mashers if he adds me to the list for hardmodders, as lots of people know me as a trusted source for 3DS Capture Cards and other hardware mods for the past years.
I give up, do what ever you want.
I got my business, I don't have to lead anybody to me, by starting a fight or what ever.

konsolenumbau.expert

Trophies
Website
konsolenumbau.expert
XP
Country
Germany
As a technician I have a opinion what I think works good or not...
I thought we can discuss things over here...
Initialy I asked @mashers if he adds me to the list for hardmodders, as lots of people know me as a trusted source for 3DS Capture Cards and other hardware mods for the past years.
I give up, do what ever you want.
I got my business, I don't have to lead anybody to me, by starting a fight or what ever.
Dude it's just the attitude.... The way you Wright things here comes somehow "aggressive".

It's not about competition or anything here mate. We all just do our service, respecting the other one. I wouldn't have a problem with another one offering this kind of service not even here in in Germany as we all are there for years know. Just let us be nice to each other like it always was since I was here and I don't see a point against you

Greetz Seb.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

Reactions: gamesquest1

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@milerwan I'm not happy too, if people try to save at the wrong spot.
But what you are doning is simply wrong. If you only blaming others for your "wrong" concept.
Everybody can make mistakes, guess what - even you - so others too, but to risk their consoles because of that should let you think over, if this USB connector is the right decission.
Now three modders are telling you this, and I would say enough experianced to say this might lead into a desaster but your position seems very hard - just love your self...
Have a good evening!
Please shut up.
Thank you. :)

sdtg34520

GURU MEDITATION ERROR
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
while I personally dislike micro USB for more reasons than discussed here, this argument is drawn out and frankly stupid. if you have an issue with how someone does their business, you can talk to them privately instead of filling up the thread with garbage. this has helped absolutely no one.

sdtg34520

GURU MEDITATION ERROR
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
WTF is going on here? I haven't been getting notifications in the thread and I come back to some kind of row about... what?
some BS because some idiot shoved a normal micro USB cable into their hardmod port, and then this guy started a row about it

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Right, I've just caught up on the thread.

Ok everyone, please all take a breath. This discussion is getting way out of hand. The purpose of this thread is for hard modders to advertise their service and for customers to give feedback, so that people seeking hard mods can find a reputable member to do it for them.

The purpose of this thread is NOT to debate whose method is the best or to berate other modders for their methods. If you don't like the method another modder uses, don't use that method and feel free to advise your customers of what you feel is the best method. But please do this in private when you are in contact with a customer, or start a separate thread if you want to publicly discuss best practice.

The conversation which is currently going on is frankly unprofessional, and will do nothing to instil confidence in members to approach modders for their services. It's like a load of mechanics from different garages arguing in front of a customer about the best way to service a car. If I were in that situation, I would walk away from all of them and take my car elsewhere.

Civil discussion is fine of course, but when the conversation gets to this point it really needs to stop.

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'd like to vouch for @mchew . He lives in California, which is great since there aren't any other hardmodders on the west coast that I know of.

He received my 3ds on Saturday and I got it back today (Wednesday), so he's very fast. I made a quick nand backup and flashed it back to test it out and it worked great.

The mod is clean and discrete. You wouldn't know it was there unless you removed the back cover.

Here are some pictures (the first one was taken by him and the rest by me):
zREiPs8.jpg
qDAatmRh.jpg
2kgTedyh.jpg
37wN48Xh.jpg
Gr4RVxuh.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)