Hacking list of games that will update to 4.5??

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Animal Crossing - New Leaf (Europe)
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (Europe + USA)
Fire Emblem - Awakening (Europe)
LEGO City Undercover - The Chase Begins (Europe + USA)
LEGO Legends of Chima - Laval's Journey (Europe)
Luigi's Mansion 2 (Europe)
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Gates to Infinity (Europe + USA)
Shin Megami Tensei IV (USA)

Friendly suggestion... you may want to ask any future questions about 3DS here :lol: :

http://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.359035/

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Crash City Mayhem
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Lego City Undercover The Chase Begins
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Turbo Super Stunt Squad

AgentChet

Trunks, The Man.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to verify (because I need to know this before I do it); If I use the update included with my Animal Crossing New Leaf (USA) Physical Retail Card, it will update my 3DS XL from 4.3.0 -> 4.5.0 correct?

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to verify (because I need to know this before I do it); If I use the update included with my Animal Crossing New Leaf (USA) Physical Retail Card, it will update my 3DS XL from 4.3.0 -> 4.5.0 correct?

I am seeing that the US Animal Crossing has 5.1 so DO NOT use it to update! You can see what version it is ahead of time... when you run the game it will say "Do you want to update to blah blah" and you have to accept it but I wouldn't recommend it for safety's sake.

Here's a handy list of games with 4.1-4.5:

http://www.eurasia.nu/wiki/index.ph...updates_in_the_4.1_-_4.5_range#Firmware_4.5.0

AgentChet

Trunks, The Man.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am seeing that the US Animal Crossing has 5.1 so DO NOT use it to update! You can see what version it is ahead of time... when you run the game it will say "Do you want to update to blah blah" and you have to accept it but I wouldn't recommend it for safety's sake.

Here's a handy list of games with 4.1-4.5:

http://www.eurasia.nu/wiki/index.ph...updates_in_the_4.1_-_4.5_range#Firmware_4.5.0

Thanks for the link and the warning! haha

But I find it odd for the rom of the USA New Leaf to have 4.5.0U on it.
http://3ds.essh.co/
Look it up and see if it says the same for you.. 0_0 My mind is bogged at the sight.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Thanks for the link and the warning! haha

But I find it odd for the rom of the USA New Leaf to have 4.5.0U on it.
http://3ds.essh.co/
Look it up and see if it says the same for you.. 0_0 My mind is bogged at the sight.

you can get different revisions of Rom carts also
and newer revisions have higher updates

e.g
Hello.Kitty.Picnic.with.Sanrio.Friends.USA.3DS-BigBlueBox has 4.1.0
Hello_Kitty_Picnic_with_Sanrio_Friends_READ_NFO_USA_3DS-ABSTRAKT 4.3.0

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am actually very curious about this.

Animal Crossing in Japan has two cartridge versions - the original release, and then one with the eShop update built in. That update fixes an exploit that lets you clone items (stupid Nintendo, ruining our fun)

From what I was told, ALL copies in USA/Europe already have the update included. The only way to clone the items (back in June at least) was to have a friend in Japan or Korea - and what those people do is install the eShop update so they can go online, trade items with you, then remove the update (forced offline at that point, or at least for Wi-Fi) and clone it a bunch of times - then go back online and give you all the clones. People were actually charging money for this too. >_>
There's a new way to clone items on any version, but that's irrelevant here.

Anyway, the reason I'm curious is that I've heard that the USA version has 5.1, as stated by someone else. But if the Scene ROM is 4.5 - does that mean we actually got very early copies in America that didn't have the update included? The release date in North America was June 9, 2013, with it coming out a few days later in Europe. The update in question came out March 18, 2013. So logic would dictate that all copies sold in US/Europe or really anywhere outside of Japan and Korea would have the update pre-installed.

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Anyone has any idea if it can update from new firmware 6.x to 4.5? I'm afraid it might say, "the software is already updated" or it just won't update.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Anyone has any idea if it can update from new firmware 6.x to 4.5? I'm afraid it might say, "the software is already updated" or it just won't update.
Currently downgrading is only possible with your own NAND dump and a flashing kit - if you don't have that, sorry, you're not getting on 4.5.

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Currently downgrading is only possible with your own NAND dump and a flashing kit - if you don't have that, sorry, you're not getting on 4.5.
What? After you update from 4.5 to 6.x, your NAND dump is changing or what? I don't get it, you're in firmware 6.x and a 4.5 appears let's say and it won't upgrade to that firmware. I can give a try. I wanted to buy anyway a game for 3ds.

Not that i don't believe you, it just a try and it doesn't hurt.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What? After you update from 4.5 to 6.x, your NAND dump is changing or what? I don't get it, you're in firmware 6.x and a 4.5 appears let's say and it won't upgrade to that firmware. I can give a try. I wanted to buy anyway a game for 3ds.

Not that i don't believe you, it just a try and it doesn't hurt.
Downgrading is not a "feature" any manufacturer would even want to include - you can only upgrade. If the game detects a firmware higher than the one required, it won't enable the upgrading procedure - why would it? The firmware is fine and well-above the cut-off point.

Once you update past 4.5, unless you have a NAND dump from a previous firmware and a NAND flashing kit, there's no coming back.

Reactions: RaMon90

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Downgrading is not a "feature" any manufacturer would even want to include - you can only upgrade. If the game detects a firmware higher than the one required, it won't enable the upgrading procedure - why would it? The firmware is fine and well-above the cut-off point.

Once you update past 4.5, unless you have a NAND dump from a previous firmware and a NAND flashing kit, there's no coming back.
Yes you're right, same thoughts.

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soooo
The original statement is correct, my Animal Crossing USA will update my 3DS to 5.1 (past 4.5.0) ?
I know I'm redundant but better safe than sorry

When launching the game it will tell you, "do you want to update to 4.5?" so it's pretty hard to accidentally update to 5.1 unless you don't read.

Also, the wiki is wrong. I've been mentioning it every time it's posted, but the source it sites clearly states that animal crossing is 4.5. The first game to come with a newer firmware was mario and luigi dream team.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte