Gaming List of games ported with ruined gameplay...

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
LOL great title. HAhaah List of games ported with ruined gameplay roflllll.

But seriously from this list Warioware touched was fun, but yes, very short, way shorter than twisted, with less unlockables and everything. That pissed me off.

Open warfare isn't on PC thats World Party you would be thinking about, Open Warfare 2 is much better with the weapons, but World Party still has more so yeah.

havent tried the other games

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
diddy kong racing. see a few topics down.

Super mario 64 was the best port
smile.gif

psycoblaster

Divine
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
diddy kong racing. see a few topics down.

Super mario 64 was the best port
smile.gif

ya i remember seeing someone post about diddy kong racing
smile.gif
about the coins and the lame ballons and the order of the weapons...
Super mario 64 was the BEST! it was like the same thing as the n64 version with the yoshi part- was very good^^

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I agree with Guilty Gear and Rogue Agent..

Rogue Agent controls are awfully designed.. they require you to use both L and R buttons while using the touch screen.. the only way to play this is having 3 hands..
wtf.gif

On the other hand.. Wario Ware is the exact same thing as all the other versions which I love.. and Orcs and Elves is an excellent game, just found it a little too short.. you seem to be too rigorous about the graphics.. the DS can't have graphics much better than a PSX game, but just because the game doesn't have 40 millions of triangles on the screen with 10 types of shaders it doesn't mean it's bad..

And.. I shall add Diddy Kong Racing to that list
tongue.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah, excellent game with a few nice additions yet maintaining the strengths and fundamentals of the original.

not surprising that such a good job comes from first party (nintendo themselves)

but back on topic
tongue.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of the games on your list aren't actually ports -- they're original DS games based on existing franchises. And the games on your list that were ports weren't nearly as bad as Rayman DS, which you didn't mention. That game was completely ruined. Well, perhaps not completey -- the level design is still intact -- but you can't really enjoy it because the controls and camera are too unwieldy. :'(

S

scubersteve

Yay! I'm being talked about! =D
But, I don't understand why you think warioware touched! wasn't all that good.
I found it to be a typical warioware game >.>

D

Deleted User

Yeah, you should delete:
Diddy Kong Racing DS
WarioWare Touched
Worms Open Warfare
Rogue Agent

Not because they're good (I seem to be the only person who actually enjoyed Diddy Kong racing) but because they're NOT PORTS! Like someone said, a port is a game that existed before and was then remade for the DS. These are all new games, either sequels or prequels or whatevers to existing games, not ports.
And yeah, I liked WarioWare: Touched, I'll admit it! Too short, but they all were
blink.gif

psycoblaster

Divine
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WarioWare Touched
maybe not a port, but then i'll catagorize that into "version of other platform"... the other warioware was better than this one.. the game didn't suck that bad, but was very short, a small amount of unlockables, and a huge rom that will fill your SD...

Worms Open Warfare
Could say that it is a port of worms world party

Rogue Agent
this one truly isn't a port, but rogue agent has good gameplay but VERY hard controls, like just to play the game you will need to press all keys +stylus at the same time ... falls into the "version of other platform"

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"Port" in this context means the exact same game, just reprogramed (and possibly with redone graphics & sound) for a different system.

Mario 64 DS was a port because the same mario game was already released for a different system. The DS Castlevania games are not ports, because they were both originally designed for the DS, even though other Castlevania games were released for different systems before that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: