Hacking List of flashcard dealers to never buy from *updated 2009*

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
OK...but it might be nice if some more of that sort of info was shared.

Otherwise, it looks just as I described...like just one stoolie could come along, demand a site's removal, and get it removed, just like that.

I still would like to see some sort of scoring system set up...or perhaps a summary on each company listed, for example one could put

Items recieved (Y/N)?

Customer Service Helpful (Y/N)?

Merchandise received in Good condition (Y/N)?

Reasonable Shipping Time (Y/N)?

Guarantee Honored (Y/N)?

Return Policy honored (Y/N)

Just as an example...so that people have an idea who is on the list and WHY they are there...and the number of verified complaints a store has gotten...would be helpful.

As I mentioned, for example, gamersgadget.com - was written up very badly on another site, somewhere on the Net....yet, when I did business with them, I got what I ordered, all in good condition at reasonable price, and my only complaint would have been shipping time...and the fact that they did not state somewhere on their web site that this could/would be any issue. But, during that whole experience, I found their customer support to be very responsive and helpful....so, overall, I'd do business with them again.

BUT...had I sen the bad writeups on that company BEFORE I bought from them...I wouldn't have. Because it unfairly made them look bad.

So, I think it would be nice if somehow, a bit more info could be provided about a company when they are added - or removed - from the list.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes i agree with Kalisiin too many people complain about websites before doing homework on them...recently Gamezway was getting bashed in some topics because of bad customer support but yet they have multiple ways to be contacted yet people only try to email and never consider the time difference since they are located in china.

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
syko5150 said:
Yes i agree with Kalisiin too many people complain about websites before doing homework on them...recently Gamezway was getting bashed in some topics because of bad customer support but yet they have multiple ways to be contacted yet people only try to email and never consider the time difference since they are located in china.

Exactly.

What I'm saying here is that, rather than just see a list...HERE, I'd like to see a list, along with some homework. Basically, I'd like to be as educated a consumer as I possibly can be...and lists like these can be more harmful than helpful...if homework has not been done on them.

hrm316

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kickgaming.com
Had a realy bad experience with them. Ordered more than 2 weeks ago, not received yet. Really bad delivery and costumer service.

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
hrm316 said:
Kickgaming.com
Had a realy bad experience with them. Ordered more than 2 weeks ago, not received yet. Really bad delivery and costumer service.

Hell, dealextreme takes more than 2 weeks to deliver.
Are you considering where they are shipping from? Maybe they are backordered, out of stock?

How many times, and how many different methods did you attempt to communicate with them regarding your concerns?

You gotta give some more information, man...you can't just get someone on this list because you're pissed off with them...DOCUMENT why they oughta be on the list.

ON EDIT: One, they ship from Canada...international shipping, even from Canada, takes longer, because of Customs.

Two, don't know what you ordered, but I noticed that they have Acekard listed on BACKORDER. That means they are currently out of stock, and waiting for more. You can't fault them for that...especially if you do not READ before you place an order.

Sheesh.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
What's so official?

Anyway, you might want to check DealPerfect.com out (at least I think that's what it's called). Never trust a clone site.

jphriendly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just received an AK2.1 from DealPerfect (the day AKAIO 1.5 hit actually). While it took about 2 weeks (from order) to get to me, everything worked fine and it was actually a little bit cheaper than DX.

Augustburnsred

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Items recieved (Y/N)? No

Customer Service Helpful (Y/N)? Not even a response from all 3 (phone,email, chat)

Merchandise received in Good condition (Y/N)? Haven't even received order

Reasonable Shipping Time (Y/N)? No supposedly shipped on the 18th its the 29th and no orders

Guarantee Honored (Y/N)? have to receive order to find out

Return Policy honored (Y/N) same as above

I say add gamersgadgets. i ordered my products on the 9th and 12th
they supposedly shipped on the 18th after i emailed complaining. i have yet to receive any of my orders. i have emailed them 3 times called but only to find a full voicemail and actually left open complaints on the web chat client. they have yet to respond to any of my new emails calls or other forms of communication. buyers just stay clear!!! use your head and not your wallet when buying your card.

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
Augustburnsred said:
Items recieved (Y/N)? No

Customer Service Helpful (Y/N)? Not even a response from all 3 (phone,email, chat)

Reasonable Shipping Time (Y/N)? No supposedly shipped on the 18th its the 29th and no orders

they supposedly shipped on the 18th after i emailed complaining. i have yet to receive any of my orders. i have emailed them 3 times called but only to find a full voicemail and actually left open complaints on the web chat client. they have yet to respond to any of my new emails calls or other forms of communication. buyers just stay clear!!! use your head and not your wallet when buying your card.

I say don't add gamersgadget. I had a decent experience with them, and have documented it all below.

My Experience With Gamersgadget.com Aug 13 2009, 11:54 PM
Post #38

GBAtemp Regular
Group: Members
Member No.: 191,660

[United States]

I ordered from gamersgadget.com - then found a bad review of them online, so I got concerned.

SO...I looked here, no one has mentioned them yet.

I ordered 3 AK2i's from them, and ordered Express Shipping (huge extra expense)

Got an email confirming my order, it promised a followup email with the tracking number.

Didn't get one. So, I sent a query. The response was fast, they replied back that there is a 3-5 day processing time between when order is placed, and when it is shipped (their website did not volunteer this information)

So, will keep everyone up-to-date on what happens here. I wish they'd have volunteered that info on thier webpage, true enough...but, their response to my inquiry WAS quick...and, as yet, they are within the 3-5 day window, so we'll see what happens.

Jury's still out on these guys...BUT, they do get bad marks for not saying anything on thier web site about the 3-5 day delay between receipt of order, and actual ship.

ON EDIT: just got an email with a tracking number....
ON EDIT: USPS web site confirms the tracking number, and gives the same info as does their internal "tracking tool" on their web page, so, so far, looks like a legit company. But they still should let you know about the 3-5 day "order processing" time.

EDIT: Still same story. USPS can confirm "Electronic Shipping Info Received" This means they still haven't even been given the package...just alerted to expect it.
Yeah, well, I expect Christmas to come, too, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for it to come.

Sep 3 2009, 09:12 AM

Post #47

GBAtemp Regular

[United States]

Oh, I got my stuff from gamersgadget.

they're plenty slow, but, otherwise seem okay.

Augustburnsred

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kalisiin said:
Augustburnsred said:
Items recieved (Y/N)? No

I say don't add gamersgadget. I had a decent experience with them, and have documented it all below.

My Experience With Gamersgadget.com Aug 13 2009, 11:54 PM
Post #38

GBAtemp Regular

[United States]

I ordered from gamersgadget.com - then found a bad review of them online, so I got concerned.

SO...I looked here, no one has mentioned them yet.

I ordered 3 AK2i's from them, and ordered Express Shipping (huge extra expense)

Got an email confirming my order, it promised a followup email with the tracking number.

Didn't get one. So, I sent a query. The response was fast, they replied back that there is a 3-5 day processing time between when order is placed, and when it is shipped (their website did not volunteer this information)

So, will keep everyone up-to-date on what happens here. I wish they'd have volunteered that info on thier webpage, true enough...but, their response to my inquiry WAS quick...and, as yet, they are within the 3-5 day window, so we'll see what happens.

Jury's still out on these guys...BUT, they do get bad marks for not saying anything on thier web site about the 3-5 day delay between receipt of order, and actual ship.

ON EDIT: just got an email with a tracking number....
ON EDIT: USPS web site confirms the tracking number, and gives the same info as does their internal "tracking tool" on their web page, so, so far, looks like a legit company. But they still should let you know about the 3-5 day "order processing" time.

EDIT: Still same story. USPS can confirm "Electronic Shipping Info Received" This means they still haven't even been given the package...just alerted to expect it.
Yeah, well, I expect Christmas to come, too, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for it to come.

Sep 3 2009, 09:12 AM

Post #47

GBAtemp Regular

[United States]

Oh, I got my stuff from gamersgadget.

they're plenty slow, but, otherwise seem okay.

I just received an email from them. supposedly my items got lost in transit. Both orders which were ordered separately are LOST.
I read your posts on gamersgadget before around the middle of september. and that is why i gave them time and on the 6th business day I emailed them about why they haven't shipped the order. I didnt receive an email from customer service i just got an email the next day with a confirmation #. I also read your second post about you finally receiving your order. it looks like it took almost a month from when you posted to received your order (13th to 3rd?). I have waited for almost a month (in 8 days it will be a whole month since i originally placed my order). I have yet to receive a response from any of my emails and calls (I cant even leave another message on their phone). I believe until more than one person says they receive their order they should at least be on the questionable list since they do not respond to their customers and because of how long it takes to receive an order.

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
Augustburnsred said:
I just received an email from them. supposedly my items got lost in transit. Both orders which were ordered separately are LOST.
I read your posts on gamersgadget before around the middle of september. and that is why i gave them time and on the 6th business day I emailed them about why they haven't shipped the order. I didnt receive an email from customer service i just got an email the next day with a confirmation #. I also read your second post about you finally receiving your order. it looks like it took almost a month from when you posted to received your order (13th to 3rd?). I have waited for almost a month (in 8 days it will be a whole month since i originally placed my order). I have yet to receive a response from any of my emails and calls (I cant even leave another message on their phone). I believe until more than one person says they receive their order they should at least be on the questionable list since they do not respond to their customers and because of how long it takes to receive an order.

Even I agree with you that they are slow to ship. But I did not have your experience with customer service. They were very responsive to me.
Given a choice, I probably would not do business with them again, preferring to go thru DX, whom I totally trust...but, at the same time, I do not feel as though they deserve being placed on a boycott list, based on my experience, because they DID fulfill the order, and were responsive to my inquiries - however, I was disappointed with the slow ship time, and the fact that they never mentioned the amount of "processing time" on their end, on their website.

I'll defer to Bach to make the call on this, but I wished to present my own experience with gamersgadget.com - as a counterpoint to yours. And, yes, the entire process, from time of order to time of delivery was nearly a month. given I paid extra for Express Shipping, I was not too pleased about this.

But, again, the important thing is that they DID fulfill the order, and everything I got was in good working order.

This is an example of why I believe this list should not be a "boycott list" but, rather, a list where various dealers could be given a score, based on several objective criteria, such as I mentioned...and then let the buyer make informed choices based on that information.

For example, here's how I would score them...based on my experience and yours as well....
Since there are 6 criteria, and some may/may not be applicable on each specific case, I'd weight each category at 20.

My experience:
Items recieved (Y/N)? Y - score 20
Customer Service Helpful (Y/N)? Y - score 20
Merchandise received in Good condition (Y/N)? Y - score 20
Reasonable Shipping Time (Y/N)? NO - score 0
Guarantee Honored (Y/N)? N/A
Return Policy honored (Y/N) N/A

Total score 70 - with notation about long delay in shipping/processing.

Your experience:
Items recieved (Y/N)? Not yet - score 10
Customer Service Helpful (Y/N)? No - score 0
Merchandise received in Good condition (Y/N)? N/A
Reasonable Shipping Time (Y/N)? No - score 0

Total score, perhaps a 25 at the moment.

(note that in the above scenarios, I gave 5 points for each "not applicable" response.)

These two, being the only documented reports...would give an average score of approximately 50.

So, they would be listed here with a score of 50, and a notation of slow shipping/processing time. and let the buyer beware of this. At the same time, they could be noted as having, in fact, fulfilled an order.

They could be a lot worse...some of these dealers have been documented as not providing items at all, charging customer's credit cards in spite of never providing merchandise...and even credit card fraud, using collected credit card numbers to charge other items, fraudulently.

Actions like that are far worse, and totally worthy of being listed on an actual boycott list...which is why I say there should be numerous negative reports, low objective scores, etc...or actual documented criminal activity...for a company to be placed on this list.

I know Bach is a busy fellow, but I'd like to think that some way of objectively scoring, and listing companies...as both good and bad...could be devised, so that buyers may make informed decisions regarding whom they will trust to do business with.

Augustburnsred

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kalisiin said:
Augustburnsred said:

Even I agree with you that they are slow to ship. But I did not have your experience with customer service. They were very responsive to me.
Given a choice, I probably would not do business with them again, preferring to go thru DX, whom I totally trust...but, at the same time, I do not feel as though they deserve being placed on a boycott list, based on my experience, because they DID fulfill the order, and were responsive to my inquiries - however, I was disappointed with the slow ship time, and the fact that they never mentioned the amount of "processing time" on their end, on their website.

I'll defer to Bach to make the call on this, but I wished to present my own experience with gamersgadget.com - as a counterpoint to yours. And, yes, the entire process, from time of order to time of delivery was nearly a month. given I paid extra for Express Shipping, I was not too pleased about this.

But, again, the important thing is that they DID fulfill the order, and everything I got was in good working order.

This is an example of why I believe this list should not be a "boycott list" but, rather, a list where various dealers could be given a score, based on several objective criteria, such as I mentioned...and then let the buyer make informed choices based on that information.

For example, here's how I would score them...based on my experience and yours as well....
Since there are 6 criteria, and some may/may not be applicable on each specific case, I'd weight each category at 20.

My experience:
Items recieved (Y/N)? Y - score 20
Customer Service Helpful (Y/N)? Y - score 20
Merchandise received in Good condition (Y/N)? Y - score 20
Reasonable Shipping Time (Y/N)? NO - score 0

Total score 70 - with notation about long delay in shipping/processing.

Your experience:
Items recieved (Y/N)? Not yet - score 10
Customer Service Helpful (Y/N)? No - score 0
Merchandise received in Good condition (Y/N)? N/A
Reasonable Shipping Time (Y/N)? No - score 0

Total score, perhaps a 25 at the moment.

(note that in the above scenarios, I gave 5 points for each "not applicable" response.)

These two, being the only documented reports...would give an average score of approximately 50.

So, they would be listed here with a score of 50, and a notation of slow shipping/processing time. and let the buyer beware of this. At the same time, they could be noted as having, in fact, fulfilled an order.

They could be a lot worse...some of these dealers have been documented as not providing items at all, charging customer's credit cards in spite of never providing merchandise...and even credit card fraud, using collected credit card numbers to charge other items, fraudulently.

Actions like that are far worse, and totally worthy of being listed on an actual boycott list...which is why I say there should be numerous negative reports, low objective scores, etc...or actual documented criminal activity...for a company to be placed on this list.

I know Bach is a busy fellow, but I'd like to think that some way of objectively scoring, and listing companies...as both good and bad...could be devised, so that buyers may make informed decisions regarding whom they will trust to do business with.

I believe that they should at least be on the questionable list for these reasons

I understand what your saying about not adding them to the boycott list which is fair since you did have a decent experience with them BUT 2 separate orders with 2 separate tracking numbers are lost? If you don't believe me i will post the tracking numbers to check.

I have already placed a query with my credit card company just in case i still don't receive my orders. On top of that here is the automated email i received twice after 3 additional email threatening to report them if they would not provide me with an update or a refund so i can shop at DX.

Dear Customer,
Thank you for bringing this missing package to our attention. Your package should have been delivered by now, and has been delayed longer than usual. The tracking information states that they only received electronic notification to pick up your package, but your package was shipped. Due to this problem, we are going to have our USPS agent find your package. If there are further issues and he is not able to locate the original package then we will have another package shipped to you. Once I get the status from the shipper, I will send you an email with an update.
GamersGadget.com

I received this email for both orders!
This is questionable since they were shipped separately. I would not be complaining if one package was lost but BOTH!!
On top of that i must not be the only one complaining since their voicemail is full and you can no longer leave any messages and an average of 50 is well below a satisfactory mark. i believe 50 and below should be questionable that way customers can still choose to shop with them but should know about the ongoing complaints about the service they provide. If we don't tell other people about the bad experiences only more compaints will come after me. so at least a questionable state should be pinned on gamersgadget.

jnl3e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please do add GAMERSGADGET. They are nothing but scammers. Paid via paypal on the 14th of Sept. still haven't received anything. All I got was a email from USPS on the 23rd of Sept. stating that they received the shipping info. Nothing has changed and no reply from GAMERSGADGET.

I originally filed a PayPal claim but removed it to give them the benefit of doubt but that was a HUGE mistake on my part. Now I can't reopen the claim so I'm out 20 something bucks for the Acekard 2i. I ended up ordering the Acekard from Realhotstuff. I give these mutha futhas a "0" for scamming people.

Augustburnsred

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jnl3e said:
Please do add GAMERSGADGET. They are nothing but scammers. Paid via paypal on the 14th of Sept. still haven't received anything. All I got was a email from USPS on the 23rd of Sept. stating that they received the shipping info. Nothing has changed and no reply from GAMERSGADGET.

I originally filed a PayPal claim but removed it to give them the benefit of doubt but that was a HUGE mistake on my part. Now I can't reopen the claim so I'm out 20 something bucks for the Acekard 2i. I ended up ordering the Acekard from Realhotstuff. I give these mutha futhas a "0" for scamming people.

I just got an email from my local USPS and here to case guys

Dear Mr. Carter,

I wish top apologize to you for the non-arrival of a package that was mailed to you. Unfortunately I am unable to check into the matter since the tracking number that you provided does not show up in our system. I would be more than willing to re-check the tracking number if you could call me and verify the number. My work number is 915-562-****.

Thank you for the opportunity to address this matter with you.

Charles Zopfi
Supervisor Customer Services
Five Points Station
********** Your privacy is important to us. If you would like additional information on our privacy policy, please visit us online at: www.usps.com

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
jnl3e said:

Well, again...you still did not wait as long as it took for me to get mine from gamersgadget, and I DID get mine. And I also ordered Express Shipping.

I think you are being rather impatient.

don't be surprised when you DO get what you ordered from them. but I bet you won't have the guts to come here and own up that you got the package, and that, while you're disappointed by slow shipping, that they aren't scammers.

People find it a lot easier to complain about other people/companies...than they do to then give them the crdit they deserve when they DO fix a problem.

And it could be a lot worse...there HAVE been companies out there that not only didn't deliver...but then used collected credit card numbers for fraudulent purposes. You can't tell me gamersgadget has done that.

I have already said, for the record...I likely, given a choice, would not, myself, do business with gamersgadget again, because I was very disappointed by the slow service.

But I don't feel they deserve a bad rap and being placed on a boycott list that should be for actual scammers and criminals.

Again, too often, people find it easy to complain...and often do not then follow up later when the problem was resolved.

Like I said...I DID GET MY STUFF FROM GAMERSGADGET. They are not scammers. They are just real damned slow.

P.S. remember, too...companies can only ship WHAT THEY ACTUALLY HAVE. These are popular items, and their supply may be fairly limited. but I think a lot of companies should be more upfront and honest on their web-sites, regarding the status of their stock, and the expected time from time of order, to time of delivery.

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
Augustburnsred said:
Dear Customer,
Thank you for bringing this missing package to our attention. Your package should have been delivered by now, and has been delayed longer than usual. The tracking information states that they only received electronic notification to pick up your package, but your package was shipped. Due to this problem, we are going to have our USPS agent find your package. If there are further issues and he is not able to locate the original package then we will have another package shipped to you. Once I get the status from the shipper, I will send you an email with an update.
GamersGadget.com

This is questionable since they were shipped separately. I would not be complaining if one package was lost but BOTH!!
On top of that i must not be the only one complaining since their voicemail is full and you can no longer leave any messages and an average of 50 is well below a satisfactory mark. i believe 50 and below should be questionable that way customers can still choose to shop with them but should know about the ongoing complaints about the service they provide. If we don't tell other people about the bad experiences only more compaints will come after me. so at least a questionable state should be pinned on gamersgadget.

It sounds as if they are going to address your issue, and fix the problem. Follow up with them. Keep on top of this.
And let us know.

Companies DO foul up. Shipping mistakes DO happen. Disgruntled employees DO steal packages. It happens.
The measure of a company is NOT in if they screw up...but how they deal with it when something is screwed up...do they fix it, put it right...do they do what they said they would do?

Let us know.

If they follow through on this, then I think they deserve credit for dealing with a problem, and making it right.

Augustburnsred

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kalisiin said:
Augustburnsred said:
Dear Customer,
GamersGadget.com

It sounds as if they are going to address your issue, and fix the problem. Follow up with them. Keep on top of this.
And let us know.

Companies DO foul up. Shipping mistakes DO happen. Disgruntled employees DO steal packages. It happens.
The measure of a company is NOT in if they screw up...but how they deal with it when something is screwed up...do they fix it, put it right...do they do what they said they would do?

Let us know.

If they follow through on this, then I think they deserve credit for dealing with a problem, and making it right.

Hey man no need for passive aggressive posts now but really now? Your gonna back them up even after i contacted the USPS and they searched themselves and found no tracking number in their system. Both orders were lost and on top of that another member from this forum is also having problems with them. If this company does foul up then we as customers should know about that, If these shipping mistakes do happen (and it seems like it happens very often, plus my shipping address is correct) then we as a customer should know about it. If disgruntled employees steal packages then once again we should let everyone know that until gamersgadget can prove that they are a RESPONSIBLE company that has proven themselves they will be bashed and marked as a company to avoid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo