Hacking List of carts that work with zero-keyed rommed.

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I rebuild the romfs with a zero key, do all of them work with it? I don't see why any one wouldn't, it's still encrypted but just with a zero filled key, iv etc.

I asked the question in a different thread as part of a series of other questions but got no replies there.

KingOfHell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway(and I guess it's clones like MtCard) is the only one you could use it on. All the data is signed, so changing anything breaks the signature...

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
you make it sound a little like, if you re-encrypted it with an actual key that it would work with some carts, which i know is not what you mean.
sky3ds requires exact rom dumps.

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you make it sound a little like, if you re-encrypted it with an actual key that it would work with some carts, which i know is not what you mean.
sky3ds requires exact rom dumps.
well yeah Iwas talking about anything but sky 3ds, but I thought I had to ask ince the r4i gold chinse new year white person deulxe moon cake extreme edition has no updates to it reallyat all so I was mainly talking about it and others. I know hat sky/probably dstwo+ will requir ethe same thing since it's likely going to do the same as sky.

Reactions: cearp

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so apparently the r4i doesn't work with it at all. No way in hell does it work, all I get is damend blank icon on my r4i which is pretty much useless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.