List of carts that work with zero-keyed rommed.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by masterz87, May 2, 2015.

1. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    If I rebuild the romfs with a zero key, do all of them work with it? I don't see why any one wouldn't, it's still encrypted but just with a zero filled key, iv etc.

I asked the question in a different thread as part of a series of other questions but got no replies there.

2. KingOfHell

KingOfHell Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2015
    United States
    Gateway(and I guess it's clones like MtCard) is the only one you could use it on. All the data is signed, so changing anything breaks the signature...

3. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    Yeah, you need a flashcart to run zero key-encrypted roms. Any will work as long as it's already compatible.

4. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    you make it sound a little like, if you re-encrypted it with an actual key that it would work with some carts, which i know is not what you mean.
    sky3ds requires exact rom dumps.

5. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    well yeah Iwas talking about anything but sky 3ds, but I thought I had to ask ince the r4i gold chinse new year white person deulxe moon cake extreme edition has no updates to it reallyat all so I was mainly talking about it and others. I know hat sky/probably dstwo+ will requir ethe same thing since it's likely going to do the same as sky.

cearp likes this.
  6. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    OK so apparently the r4i doesn't work with it at all. No way in hell does it work, all I get is damend blank icon on my r4i which is pretty much useless.