List of all 3D platformer games?

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So what i mean by 3d isnt made in 3d alone but actualy letting you walk in all directions and jump, i dont want 2.5D games like Crash(wich are all basicaly either tiny corridors or staright up 2.5D),kirbys or KLonoas.

What i mean is games like Super mario 64 and the likes.

here is the list the ones i know

Super Mario 64
Super Mario Sunshine
Super mario Galaxy
Super mario Galaxy 2
Super mario 3D Land
Super mario 3D World
donkey kong 64
Rayman 2
Rayman 3
Gex 3D return of the gecko/enter the gecko
Gex 3 Deep undercover
Space station Silicon valley
ty the tasmanian tiger
Conker Bad fur day
Banjo kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Croc
Croc 2
psyconaughts
Jumping flash
spyro
spyro 2
spyro 3
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly
Spyro: A Hero's Tail
legend of spyro the dawn of the dragon
Gloover
mirrors edje
deadcore
sly series
jak and daxter series
toy story 2
toy story 3
ratchet and clank series
earthworm jim 3D
sonic adventure
sonic adventure 2
pac man world series.

Is there any game/series you guys can think that im missing? Remenber it needs to be fully 3d with open like maps no 2.5D games or narrow corridor games like crash games.

Last edited by pedro702,
Reactions: The Catboy

lexarvn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure you are missing tons of games. I would say Dark Souls games are 3D platformers as well as all console 3d zelda games, but while there is certainly plenty of vertical movement in those games, it depends on how restrictive your "jump" requirement is. At any rate, just off the top my head, Grow Home should fit your definition of a 3D platformer as well as Mega Man Legends.

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm sure you are missing tons of games. I would say Dark Souls games are 3D platformers as well as all console 3d zelda games plus tons of others, but while there is certainly plenty of vertical movement in those games, it depends on how restrictive your "jump" requirement is. At any rate, just off the top my head, Grow Home should fit your definition of a 3D platformer as well as Mega Man Legends.
zelda and dark souls arent platformers at all for me they are action adventure games imo.

Reactions: lampdemon

lexarvn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zelda and dark souls arent platformers at all for me they are action adventure games imo.
Don't get me wrong, I do think they are action adventure games too, but I find labeling a game with a single genre to be rather vague most of the time, just like I would say Matrix and Independence Day are sci-fi films, but action films as well.

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Don't get me wrong, I do think they are action adventure games too, but I find labeling a game with a single genre to be rather vague most of the time, just like I would say Matrix and Independence Day are sci-fi films, but action films as well.
yeah but i want the main point of the game to be platforming and collecting stuff, both zelda,dark souls and even uncharted theres some platforming but that isnt the main thing of the game that is a side thing the main thing is dungeon crawling or 3rd person shooting and such.

lexarvn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah but i want the main point of the game to be platforming and collecting stuff, both zelda,dark souls and even uncharted theres some platforming but that isnt the main thing of the game that is a side thing the main thing is dungeon crawling or 3rd person shooting and such.
Fair enough. So would Mirror's Edge and/or Deadcore fit what you are looking for?

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Fair enough. So would Mirror's Edge and/or Deadcore fit what you are looking for?
yeah now that i think off it mirrors edje would fit since its basicaly platforming all around never heard of deadcore but i watched it on youtube now and yes it would fit albeit its totaly diferent type of platformer lol it looks like a cs go mod or something like surf maps.

so yeah gonna add mirrors edje to the list and deadcore.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
If all you want is jump into platforms and collect stuff in 3D then Bubsy 3D is your game, is literally that and just that.

Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter and Sly Cooper series have copious amounts of platforming to call them platformers I think.
Of the top of my head I can remember a few:
Kameo (X360)
Toy Story 3 (PC, PS2, Wii, PS3, X360)
Psychonauts (PC, PS2, Xbox)
Sonic Adventure and all the ones that came after this
Earthworm Jim 3D (PC, N64)
Pacman World series (PS1, PS2, GC, Xbox, PSP, DS)

Also the lack of Donkey Kong 64 on your list surprises me.

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If all you want is jump into platforms and collect stuff in 3D then Bubsy 3D is your game, is literally that and just that.

Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter and Sly Cooper series have copious amounts of platforming to call them platformers I think.
Of the top of my head I can remember a few:
Kameo (X360)
Toy Story 3 (PC, PS2, Wii, PS3, X360)
Psychonauts (PC, PS2, Xbox)
Sonic Adventure and all the ones that came after this
Earthworm Jim 3D (PC, N64)
Pacman World series (PS1, PS2, GC, Xbox, PSP, DS)

Also the lack of Donkey Kong 64 on your list surprises me.
thnaks i have played most of those but for some reason i forgot them lol same for toy story 2.Psychonauts is already on my list tough xD.

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see you have "gloover" i take it thats a typo. "glover". (n64) I would think that's what you meant. but there's also "Glover 2" it was unreleased unfinished but there is rom floating around that let's you play some levels etc. Idk if it's your cup of tea being that it's not complete and you can't buy it. but thought it's worth a mention.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sure you are missing tons of games. I would say Dark Souls games are 3D platformers as well as all console 3d zelda games, but while there is certainly plenty of vertical movement in those games, it depends on how restrictive your "jump" requirement is. At any rate, just off the top my head, Grow Home should fit your definition of a 3D platformer as well as Mega Man Legends.

You have absolutely no clue what a platformer is

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I see you have "gloover" i take it thats a typo. "glover". (n64) I would think that's what you meant. but there's also "Glover 2" it was unreleased unfinished but there is rom floating around that let's you play some levels etc. Idk if it's your cup of tea being that it's not complete and you can't buy it. but thought it's worth a mention.
yeah it is a typo its glover n64 i meant :P but yeah im interested in games i want to buy and that are finished but thnaks i didnt know about glover 2.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I honestly can't make heads or tails of this definition. Does the jumping around need to be a main mechanic to count? :unsure: And are you seriously saying that Crash bandicoot isn't a platformer because the level design is narrowed? (Christ...that's like saying FF13 isn't an RPG :P ).
EDIT: scratch that last one...I've only played a few levels of the game, and assumed it was mostly the 3D-ish environment.

-Snake, rattle 'n roll: somewhat reminiscent of Sonic adventure in style, but certainly not 3D (it's an isometric perspective)
-monkey ball series: sort of speaks for itself
-Wario world: okay, surely THIS counts, right?
-marble madness: I can't remember if you had a jump button, but you certainly had to MAKE jumps through the game
-tomb raider: AFAIK, those originals had plenty of jumping puzzles. Speaking of which: that reminds me of my next entry...
-Legacy of Kain: soul reaver. The main reason I disliked the course after the original was because the devs thought everyone wanted to jump around in a 3D plane rather than actually have good controls.
-Kula world (or 'roll away'): despite it being 3D, letting you move in all directions and has jumping as a main mechanic, I really consider this 'just' a puzzle game.

EDIT: lol...I was about to remark that I've never heard of deadcore, but as it turns out, I've got it in my steam library. :P
Anyway...I can somewhat understand why mirror's edge is a platformer, but with that first person perspective it's pretty much impossible to say. I mean...you don't consider portal to be a platformer, right?

Oh, and for the record: A story about my uncle. Can't say for deadcore, but it has similarities to mirror's edge in regards of gameplay (fuck, considering it doesn't have wonky combat, it's actually MORE a platformer than mirror's edge :P ).

Last edited by Taleweaver,

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blinx the time sweeper for xbox, the original shrek for the original xbox and gamecube, the lion king 2 simbas mighty adventure for ps1, the emperors new groove for ps1, aladdin nashira's revenge for ps1, duck dodgers starring daffy duck for n64. I can think of more but not sure how long a message can be.

Last edited by cvskid,

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I honestly can't make heads or tails of this definition. Does the jumping around need to be a main mechanic to count? :unsure: And are you seriously saying that Crash bandicoot isn't a platformer because the level design is narrowed? (Christ...that's like saying FF13 isn't an RPG :P ).

-Snake, rattle 'n roll: somewhat reminiscent of Sonic adventure in style, but certainly not 3D (it's an isometric perspective)
-monkey ball series: sort of speaks for itself
-Wario world: okay, surely THIS counts, right?
-marble madness: I can't remember if you had a jump button, but you certainly had to MAKE jumps through the game
-tomb raider: AFAIK, those originals had plenty of jumping puzzles. Speaking of which: that reminds me of my next entry...
-Legacy of Kain: soul reaver. The main reason I disliked the course after the original was because the devs thought everyone wanted to jump around in a 3D plane rather than actually have good controls.
-Kula world (or 'roll away'): despite it being 3D, letting you move in all directions and has jumping as a main mechanic, I really consider this 'just' a puzzle game.

EDIT: lol...I was about to remark that I've never heard of deadcore, but as it turns out, I've got it in my steam library. :P
Anyway...I can somewhat understand why mirror's edge is a platformer, but with that first person perspective it's pretty much impossible to say. I mean...you don't consider portal to be a platformer, right?

Oh, and for the record: A story about my uncle. Can't say for deadcore, but it has similarities to mirror's edge in regards of gameplay (fuck, considering it doesn't have wonky combat, it's actually MORE a platformer than mirror's edge :P ).
Crash bandicoot is a platformer but most of the entire game is basicaly 2.5D wich means its basicaly a side scroller with 3d models im looking for always fully 3d platformers, and the areas that you can actualy walk 3d wise are tiny corridors that give you a freedon of 2 or 3 steps for each side.

A Platformer must be like mario 64 or spyro, an decent open world where you can move freely on all directions inside the level, so basicaly games like banjo kazooie, mario galaxy,spyro series and etc,

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Crash bandicoot is a platformer but most of the entire game is basicaly 2.5D wich means its basicaly a side scroller with 3d models im looking for always fully 3d platformers, and the areas that you can actualy walk 3d wise are tiny corridors that give you a freedon of 2 or 3 steps for each side.
I stand corrected. Sorry...I've only played a couple levels of the game, and sort of assumed it was constantly "3D but in a narrow corridor". I looked through some youtube-vids and it's most likely indeed mostly 2.5D platforming.:blush:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.