Gaming Link's Awakening - Thief Status

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gave me a flippin' heart attack when I saw it thinking it was an anti-piracy measure and that it may cause issues later on!

Turned out to be a result of me performing....*cough*..less than heroic endeavors.

How about you guys, anyone have a fun moment in Link's Awakening yet?

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how the fuck do you steal it's too fast now. in dx it was easy you just run around him twice and out the door!

It's not too hard, just different from what we are used to

Reactions: MUDD_BR

psbernitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you are able to steal the nsp everybody in your real life will call you thief instead of your proper name, but their behaviour to you will stay the same

Reactions: DarthDub
D

Deleted User

Couldn't you just use infinite rupees cheat (assuming there Is one)?

I am admittedly not familiar with cheats on switch, so please forgive my ignorance if it is a lot harder to develop cheats for/too soon to expect any (I am just assuming it is simple hex editing of the relevant address's values).

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's way faster to do the rapid raid!
it's even way faster to STEAL whatever the fuck you want! if your worried about not seeing the secret ending trust me it's not worth it. i wouldn't even call it a secret ending more like an extra pose tacked in. it's the laziest secret ending i have even seen!

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Biduleman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
it's even way faster to STEAL whatever the fuck you want! if your worried about not seeing the secret ending trust me it's not worth it. i wouldn't even call it a secret ending more like an extra pose tacked in. it's the laziest secret ending i have even seen!

Sure, if you don't mind having THIEF as your name for the rest of the game. But yeah, it's absolutely quicker.

Biduleman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Buy the shovel and steal the bow/arrows. Never return to the shop. Your name does change unless you enter and you let him kill you.

But then you won't be able to rebuy the shovel after getting the boomerang, the piece of heart or the stone tablet (which costs like 1200 rupees). All in all, if you don't want the Thief name, you shouldn't bother stealing at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs