Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1426322-logo_large.jpg

An independent group headed by a man called "Flavor" has been developing a brand new NeoGeo Pocket / NeoGeo Pocket Color capable flash cart kit. In its current state, sans actual flash cart device, the programming unit Linkmasta can program Bung "Pocket Flash" carts, dump and reprogram official saved games to/from NGP/NGPC retail cartridges, and is capable of flashing the upcoming new NeoGeo Pocket Color flash carts from Flavor's team. Upon release of the full kit, their flash cart should have full compatibility with every NeoGeo Pocket and Color handheld game.

This is good news for those who plan on developing homebrew NGPC games but missed out on or cannot find an original Bung Pocket Flash kit for sale as they have become very scarce over the past few years.

Be sure to check out the link below for images as well as news of these devices' current work in progress.[/p]

icon11.gif
Flavor's NGP/NGPC Homebrew Projects

amptor

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
I bet loads of people will see "NGP" and think PS Vita. Either that or I'm a one-of-a-kind idiot
tongue.gif

Hmm maybe I didn't think about Sony when I posted (well there's hardly a day that goes by that I do think about Sony) but when I had it spelled out, it deleted the characters from the end of the topic so I edited in the NGP/NGPC because it was shorter.

Uiaad

GBAtemp's resident guinea pig
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You are not alone SifJar lol Still this may give my an excuse to dust of my NeoGeo Pocket Color, come to think off it tho I wont be able to get anywhere near it till October * facepalm*

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
amptor said:
SifJar said:
I bet loads of people will see "NGP" and think PS Vita. Either that or I'm a one-of-a-kind idiot
tongue.gif

Hmm maybe I didn't think about Sony when I posted (well there's hardly a day that goes by that I do think about Sony) but when I had it spelled out, it deleted the characters from the end of the topic so I edited in the NGP/NGPC because it was shorter.
Haha, don't worry about it, it's not officially called NGP anymore anyway, anyone making this mistake has themselves to blame
wink.gif

amptor

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I acquired one pretty recently from Japan. Japanese people apparantly take very good care of electronics. I only have 3 games for it but Gals Fighters is a very decent fighting game. And most of the stuff I want to play on it are cheap. I would like a flash cart because some games like Cotton are very expensive due to collector value and I don't feel like investing money in old video games as an investment. I'm just wanting to game
smile.gif

I think if I had this flash cart though, like copying games for any system, it might cause me to use the console less though lol. It always happens. Then again, I suppose I could play this stuff already on my PSP too so idk..

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I already own a Bung Pocket Linker and flash cart. Still pretty neat though. I'm sure there's at least 11 people out there who'd want one.

gtmtnbiker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boudincaca said:
From what I read on the website, they are only planing to make 11 of those cards.

I believe that he was going to publish instructions on how to make the card so perhaps someone will produce a bunch for the community if you don't wish to make your own.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one with just the sonic game that came with it
I would interested in buying one as long as it didnt cost some crazy amount (like many people do with older system flasharts) and didnt stick out of the system

Flavor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boudincaca said:
From what I read on the website, they are only planing to make 11 of those cards.

That's not quite right. There are 11 "Linkmasta" units that have been made.

The focus is currently on the "Flashmasta" cartridge, but there is also a different "Linkmasta" unit that's being developed. It will add some expansion options, so that it could be used to read/write other stuff.

For example, it should be able to read/write the NeoSaveMasta cards. That's mainly targeted for the Neo Geo community.

Anyway, no, it's not capped at 11. That's just what was initially made for people that wanted units right away.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sicklyboy, Hey