Question Linking Nintendo Account to Reinx'd Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by xpxpxp7, Apr 1, 2019.

1. xpxpxp7
    OP

xpxpxp7 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2019
    Singapore
    I would like to find out if I can link Nintendo Account to my Reinx'd Switch now that Reinx supports 7.x. Reason being I want to play Stardew Valley and MineCraft LAN with my friends. Those titles requires a check on whether the Switch is linked to a Nintendo Account before allowing the Switch to connect and play in LAN.

These are the steps that I want to take:

1. Restore NAND

2. Update to OFW 7.0.1 via Nintendo in-built Updater

3. Link Nintendo Account

4. Reinx Switch

Any idea if this will work or if I would burn fuses and encounter any issues down the line? Thank you!

2. Budsixz

Budsixz GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2018
    India
    you would burn fuses if you upgrade officially
    I dont know if youre playing to link account so that you can play via their servers because that wouldn't work and you'll get banned
    Also if your nand isnt clean then still your console might get banned
    I saw a thread for playing online
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/exclusive-online-play-for-banned-members-network-possible.520846/
    there was a newer version for this called Lanplay gui but I cant find the thread so just google it

3. xpxpxp7
    OP

xpxpxp7 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2019
    Singapore
    would it have mattered if I burnt my fuses? actually I wanted to link NNID is so that I can play Minecraft and stardew during a road trip with my friends. LANPLAY GUI is not what I'm looking for. thanks anyway.

4. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walk├╝re's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    depends on if you're banned or not, if you aren't you will, but yes this is possible.

I also suggest that if you do that you make a full and complete backup incase you ever need to restore your nand so you don't lose the linked account

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    If you want to play online, you need a clean NAND backup made before you ran any CFW. If you have that, you can simply restore it and go online in legit games all you want. Of course making a backup of your current NAND first so that you can go back to having all your saves and games in CFW later when you're done using online.
    It's hardly ideal and kind of a hassle, but it would certainly work for the occasional road trip.
    I might suggest SX OS, they are still the only ones with emuNAND support so you could keep your sysNAND clean and do all your CFW stuff on emuNAND, negating the need for the backup/restore/restore method.