Homebrew RELEASE Linkalho - Link your nintendo account offline

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct. Nintendo will have a way to get you out of this situation without forcing you to hack your switch. They wrote the software and sold you the machine and they pay folks to take your call. You are making it harder than it needs to be by looking for a secret backdoor. They will let you know what your options are without taking to the dark side. No need for that.

Reactions: burhansalih

Dyscordy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m sorry but they can’t get me out of this stupid situation. Nintendo bans thousands of accounts and they don’t even know the power of what they do. I haven’t been able to get any new games for the past 3 months and I haven’t been able to play online. Are you sure that there is nothing else that I can do without contacting Nintendo? Nintendo has to step up their game they can’t screw over longtime members who has spent thousands of dollars on their company. I shouldn’t have to ask for something as simple as being able to use 100% of my console, not 15%

Last edited by Dyscordy,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m sorry but they can’t get me out of this stupid situation. Nintendo bans thousands of accounts and they don’t even know the power of what they do. I haven’t been able to get any new games for the past 3 months and I haven’t been able to play online. Are you sure that there is nothing else that I can do without contacting Nintendo? Nintendo has to step up their game they can’t screw over longtime members who has spent thousands of dollars on their company. I shouldn’t have to ask for something as simple as being able to use 100% of my console, not 15%
The things you would need to do would require you to go deep and hack your switch so you can have a shot at reverse engineering whatever might have gone wrong with Nintendo’s software with no guarantees of success and a risk of getting banned in the process. That would definitely defeat your purpose of fixing your stock switch so you can go online again.

Half of this puzzle sits on Nintendo’s servers to which none of us have access.
I understand you’re frustrated and you’ve given Nintendo a sizable amount of money but that grievance needs to be taken up with the people that have your cash.

Many of us are banned from connecting to Nintendo Online and those of us who aren’t use counter measures to self ban ourselves in order to avoid our machines from going Online at all costs. When we do go Online we play by the rules and use essentially stock machines with clean accounts and purchased games.

This thread is about spoofing a linked account so we can play our games offline and other than the words link and account has very little to do with your issues with your Online Nintendo account. Let’s respect the thread and it’s purpose. Please contact Nintendo about your missing Online data on your stock switch.

Last edited by binkinator,

Nabby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm on Atmosphere 1.3.2 and FW 14.1.2, ran linkalho, told it to link all accounts, it said it did and I rebooted. When I go into my user page and click on check account information it says a nintendo account is required. Does that mean it didn't work, or is there some other way to verify it worked? Saw someone on the github issues page on this FW/CFW combo said they had a crash but it still linked. Just not really sure how to check.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm on Atmosphere 1.3.2 and FW 14.1.2, ran linkalho, told it to link all accounts, it said it did and I rebooted. When I go into my user page and click on check account information it says a nintendo account is required. Does that mean it didn't work, or is there some other way to verify it worked? Saw someone on the github issues page on this FW/CFW combo said they had a crash but it still linked. Just not really sure how to check.
You will know it’s working (or not) when you attempt to play a game that requires it.

As an example:
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Tales of Vesperia
NES/SNES/N64

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: impeeza

Nabby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, thanks. I'm not really sure if I have any games that do yet. I was just doing this as a preventative measure in case one showed up somewhere down the line. I was hoping to be able to go to my user page and see it spoofed to show something in the user account email address, which it didn't.
I also tried a couple apps that are supposed to overwrite the existing users with one that has a linked account and they didn't work either.
It wasn't until I was messing around with Goldleaf's ability to explore the NAND (and I'm using the internal NAND, not an emuNAND) that I found out any operations I performed on the SYSTEM/save folder would report complete and then do nothing. I tried copying files in and they would copy but show as 0 bytes, and I could delete files but they'd still be there. Eventually I got a user folder that's floating around, resigned it with my keys, and used Hacdiskmount with the memloader payload to inject it into my NAND without any FW loaded, and that worked fine. Now I have an extra user on my system that actually shows in its profile that it's linked to something. It erased my existing users, but it's a new setup so I didn't have any saves to worry about yet.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, thanks. I'm not really sure if I have any games that do yet. I was just doing this as a preventative measure in case one showed up somewhere down the line. I was hoping to be able to go to my user page and see it spoofed to show something in the user account email address, which it didn't.
I also tried a couple apps that are supposed to overwrite the existing users with one that has a linked account and they didn't work either.
It wasn't until I was messing around with Goldleaf's ability to explore the NAND (and I'm using the internal NAND, not an emuNAND) that I found out any operations I performed on the SYSTEM/save folder would report complete and then do nothing. I tried copying files in and they would copy but show as 0 bytes, and I could delete files but they'd still be there. Eventually I got a user folder that's floating around, resigned it with my keys, and used Hacdiskmount with the memloader payload to inject it into my NAND without any FW loaded, and that worked fine. Now I have an extra user on my system that actually shows in its profile that it's linked to something. It erased my existing users, but it's a new setup so I didn't have any saves to worry about yet.

Agree that it‘s probably a good idea to test things are working before you get too far down the road, but it’s tough to troubleshoot a hypothetical. Download one of the games listed above and give it a go.

Reactions: Nabby

noctees

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi, I just want to ask if this apps can get some DLC quest/items that require linked Nintendo account. For example like Xenoblade Chronicles 3 DLC & Super Robot Wars 30. I never go online on Switch, just offline.

Nabby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I just want to ask if this apps can get some DLC quest/items that require linked Nintendo account. For example like Xenoblade Chronicles 3 DLC & Super Robot Wars 30. I never go online on Switch, just offline.
Can I ask what you mean by "get"? For the most part DLC assets are present in the game and when you purchase them they are unlocked by the installation of a small patch file (much like an update) on the Switch that tells the game to make the dlc active. If it also checks for a linked Nintendo account to work, that's the part this does. But it doesn't go get the dlc for you and install it.

Open to corrections if I'm wrong here.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
This app marks a user profile as linked to a nintendo account, so apps requiring the linked account could be executed.

Nabby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why aren't current firmwares supported, when Tinfoil supports doing the same thing within their app?
Personally, I never got any of the apps to work on 14.1.2, Tinfoil included. And I really dragged the bottom of the barrel for apps to do it with. I even tried doing it by hand in Goldleaf. It seemed like there was some sort of file protection on the system folder that would allow but then automatically revert any changes. In the end, using a payload to mount the nand without booting firmware was the only way I could inject the appropriate files. But from what I understand, there are some firmwares more recent than listed that this one still works with. I just couldn't get it with 14.1.2.

ThunderbInazuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Personally, I never got any of the apps to work on 14.1.2, Tinfoil included. And I really dragged the bottom of the barrel for apps to do it with. I even tried doing it by hand in Goldleaf. It seemed like there was some sort of file protection on the system folder that would allow but then automatically revert any changes. In the end, using a payload to mount the nand without booting firmware was the only way I could inject the appropriate files. But from what I understand, there are some firmwares more recent than listed that this one still works with. I just couldn't get it with 14.1.2.
Hello. Would you mind to tell me the steps you need necessary to do that manually (aka mounting the nand without booting firmware ...)? Basically, I'm on a situation where I unlinked all my accounts with Linkalho, for some reason I can't find the backup (it isn't on the respective folder) and now I cannot boot any app besided album because they need an account to be linked (it says that it's checking if that account can boot the game and then says no.

rrocha

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
v2.0.0 changelog
  • Introducing the ability for the user to select which accounts will be linked/unlinked
  • Introducing the ability for the user to select which country will be injected into the linked profile
  • Generators now feed from system settings to get locale and timezone settings instead of injecting hard-coded ones
  • Overall code refactor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: